"Protego!" Marius countered the killing curse, and it rebounded- hitting a two hundred year old vase that decorated the hallway. It exploded at the impact.

"You are going to have to pay for that." Scorpius says through the darkness, announcing their arrival. There's a sigh of relief and then laughter from Orion.

"That's been in the family since Abraxas Malfoy, so my brother isn't joking." Raven adds, voice shaky still.

"I didn't think he was." Orion's fingers touched Scorpius's coat through the dark, trying to find where they were. Scorpius reached up to touch his hand, and there's a sigh of relief as Orion felt that ugly scar on his skin.

"What happened?" Marius asks, clearly talking about the darkness.

"It's Daniel." Scorpius begins, hearing her voice close to where Raven was grasping his hand. "My brother. It's instinctual magic."

"Please tell me you have some of that up your sleeve." Orion jokes, tapping his thumb twice on Scorpius's hand which gripped his wand. He could feel that Orion was standing within a foot of him. Could feel his body heat.

"I can't use it unless we're outside. Do you know where Michael is?" The boy who's life is tied to mine? Scorpius wondered.

"No." Orion replies. "Shouldn't we go outside then?"

"The Aurors are outside. They don't know anything that's going on. They never do. If we leave they might mistake us as other guests." Marius points out.

"Agreed." Scorpius speaks up, realizing no one could see him nodding. "We need to find my father and Michael." Their conversation is interrupted as they are attacked.

"Imperio!"

"Protego!" Orion throws up the defense.

"Impedimenta!" Scorpius reacts at the same time, and they hear the attacker go quiet, stopped in their tracks. The green flash illuminated the space before it hits the target. There's a moment of silence, and Scorpius makes sure to find Orion again in the dark. "Stay close." He tells him and Marius. Orion holds onto Scorpius's sleeve as they move again, making their way down the hallway.

They shift through the darkness, hearing distant charms and spells being cast but not seeing any lights or flashes. Scorpius kept his wand up as they moved, and when they cleared the second floor, he headed back to the stairs. Raven and him both navigating easily in the dark. They stopped on the stairs as they heard voices.

"...find him anywhere." A female voice was saying. "It's too dark to see anything."

"Amycus, was I not clear when I asked them to find Harry Potter?" Selwyn asks. Scorpius held his breath as a new voice- Amycus Carrow- spoke up.

"You were clear to me."

"You find him then!" The first voice exclaims angrily. Scorpius placed it as Lillian Malfoy. Anger coursed through him. He led them down the stairs, slowly and silently. The voices grew louder as they reached the bottom.

"He hasn't gone anywhere. There's an Anti-Disapparation jinx on the entire property." Daniel says. Scorpius clenches his jaw. "He has no where to go. None of them do."

"You told me that Salazar would be coming back to the castle with us." Lillian growls. The castle? Scorpius tucked that name into his mind for future reference. It could be where they've been meeting.

"He will be." Daniel snapped back at her. "Willingly or not." Definitely not.

"I believe in the prophecy." Selwyn says to silence them. "He will change everything. In due time."