5• I can be your boyfriend

🔹️🔹️Crystal Hayes🔹️🔹️

Two days ago, when I came back to Brooklyn, my life was back to how it had been.

The same mess.

I took up the responsibility of organizing a big event and with the advance that I was paid, I gave Philip a little more money so that he could stay out of my sight for a few days. But I very well knew he wouldn't let me be peacefully. He called me every single day to remind me if I don't pay the rest of the money soon, my soul will be sent to heaven.

I was in the office when I was called by the receptionist saying that I had a visitor. Wondering who it could be, I went to the waiting room to see a young man I had never seen before.

"Hello." I greeted him.

"Hello Mam. You are Ms. Crystal Hayes, right?" He asked and when I nodded, he sighed in relief.

He introduced himself as Ryan and said he had something very important to discuss. I led him to my desk hoping for a new project that had come to me.

"Ms. Hayes, I am the secretary of Mr. Raymond Russell. The owner of 'Russell Hotels'. He said and my breath hitched.

I had gotten too familiar with that last name.

"Mr. Raymond Russell himself, had asked me and his personal investigators to find out about you. And here I am." He explained.

"Okay. Not creepy at all." I said, feeling a little uncomfortable.

"We're sorry, Ms. Hayes. But meeting you was very important. I'm sure that you are aware about the scandalous rumour about Mr. Adrien Russell. The heir of-"

"Yes. I am aware." I cut him off.

"So, regarding that, Mr. Russell has requested your involvement in handling the issue." He said, making me frown.

"What can I do?" I asked.

"I am not sure about that, but sir has asked me to escort you to his office as he wants to discuss it with you by himself."

"Well, Mr. Ryan, I am sorry but I cannot do that. How can I trust you on this? How do I know you aren't lying?" I questioned.

"I understand, Ms. Hayes. But will you believe me if Mr. Raymond Russell talks to you?" He asked and my eyes widened.

For real?

He dialled someone and addressed the person as 'sir' as the call was answered. He handed the phone to me and I skeptically spoke.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Ms Hayes. I am Raymond Russell." He told me the same things Mr. Ryan had and when I asked about what I could do for him, he said he would say that when we met in person. I told him that I had just returned to my job after a leave and I couldn't apply for another, he said he would take care of it.

And guess what? He actually did.

I was given a leave for two more days without any loss of pay. Looks like going back to Manhattan was now compulsory.

As I was told, I was brought to Russell's head office in Manhattan. Mr. Ryan led me to a room on the top most floor of the building. As we entered the room, I stood there face to face with Mr. Raymond Russell. He welcomed me warmly but I was nervous about the meeting.

What did he have to talk about?

We sat on the couch in his cabin, opposite to each other and he asked me if I would like to drink something to which I very politely declined. Right after, someone knocked on the door and a second later, the only man who had been on my mind for a few days now, entered.