7• I will marry you

🔹️🔹️Crystal Hayes🔹️🔹️

I sat peacefully on a table with four chairs in the restaurant we planned to meet in. A small cozy place where Mr. Russell would have less fear of being spotted. I was there a bit earlier than I had to be. The morning was fresh and the cloudy weather and cold breeze had me shivering. While I waited for the two men, I felt the need to go to the restroom. When I came back and was about to sit back on the table, a red-haired girl, who clearly didn't pay attention to her steps, bumped into me and emptied an entire glass of orange juice over my shirt.

"Hey! Watch where you are going, bitch!" She screeched, looking at me.

Wow. The audacity.

"Mind your language, lady. You sure it's me who should be watching my step?" I retorted back, glaring at her.

Instead of commenting back, she studied my face for a second. And as if some sort of realization hit her, her eyes widened and she scoffed, looking at me from head to toe.

"Wow! If this isn't the gold digger, the ultimate talk of the town." She smirked, announcing loudly and every single head in the restaurant turned towards me. People looked shocked and amused while whispering to each other.

I was confused and felt like I was being humiliated for some unknown reason. Trying to look unbothered, I glared at the girl in front of me who still wore an evil smirk. Oh, how I want to slap that smirk off her face.

"Are you crazy? What the hell are you talking about?" I yelled at her.

She raised her eyebrows and folded her hands to her chest. "Don't talk back to me you little slut. Just because Adrien Russell took you to his bed once, do-"

"ENOUGH!" A loud voice echoed, making us all divert our attention from me to him. My heart beat rapidly as I saw Mr. Russell who looked furious with his blue eyes icily glaring at the red-head and his perfectly stubbled jaw was clenched.

Only if this was the time to ogle at him.

Audible gasps of the unwanted audience made me realize that him seeking attention in public was not good at all. People pulled out their phones and shamelessly started recording as Mr. Russell took deadly slow steps towards us. He stood in between us, facing the freaky red-head. I would have actually laughed at her terrified face if I myself wasn't nervous.

"I don't remember giving people the right to question my personal life." His deep, stern voice made my nerves tremble. I couldn't make out what was going on in his head. He was trying to avoid public attention and get rid of me but here, he stood in front of a whole crowd and shut them up effortlessly.

"And besides, no one. I say, No. One... talks to my fiancé like that."

What the bloody hell?

My jaw hit the ground and eyes widened to the point where they started burning as I looked at the back of his head. And I wasn't the only one with that expression. Before I could catch up with any of that, I was held by my wrist and dragged along. The only thing my eyes caught when we went outside the restaurant was Evan with his brown orbs showing shock, surprise and something that looked like hurt and disappointment. I couldn't actually make out.

All the time when I was pulled outside the restaurant and pushed into a car that drove away immediately, my eyes couldn't leave his.

It took me a few minutes to grasp the situation. And when I did, I freaked out.

"You did not just announce me as your fiancé in front of the public you were so afraid to face." I yelled, jumping in the seat. Thank god I had the seat belt on. Wait. I didn't clip it.