38• Birthday Husband

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell🔹️🔹️

I undid his blindfold and threw the red ribbon away and Adrien scowled at the sudden light. Adjusting to it a while later, his eyes moved around the yacht then landed on me.

"It was you?" He asked, his jaw hanging low. "It was you who got me kidnapped?" I giggled and nodded my head at him as he threw his head back in disbelief. I got off his back and untied his hands and legs, then sat back on his lap, circling my hands around his neck.

"So? Did you like my surprise?" I asked, grinning. His hands came around me and he sighed. "It definitely did not start the way I expected it to be but... I love this." He said looking around. "And this." His eyes scanned me as I was seated on him, lingering on my exposed leg. I leaned in and pressed a quick kiss on his lips before getting up and pulling him along with me.

"Come on. There's a lot more that you'll love."

I took him further inside, revealing the romantic set up to him. The yacht was nothing less than a boat-house. The room inside was dimly lit. The golden lamps shone in the semi-dark room as the sun began to set. I let Adrien walk further to the table with the cake and a card I made for him. Though I was behind him, I could sense the smile that came on his face. He picked the card up and turned around. Leaning at the table, he looked at me with adoration then began reading out the card.

"Dear Husband,

I haven't been able to stop thinking about you since the moment we met and I'm going to try and summarize all my thoughts and put it into this letter.

Adrien, earlier when we were bound together in a marriage, I thought it was a blow of wind that would make things hard for a while then pass away, just like everything else in my life did. But for once, that wind wasn't harsh like the others had been. It soothed me and... comforted me.

I hadn't realized when I had grown so fond of the wind until it became a storm and began changing my life. It took me and my everything with it. And you know what's funny? I didn't want this storm to pass. I wanted to live within it like it's my home.

Thank you for being that wind, that storm, Adrien. Thank you for being my home. It's still hard to believe that this is real. That you are real because I don't think someone as ordinary as me can have someone like you. I often wonder if this is all a dream. I want to mold myself into the shape of your desire. I want to have and be everything you like and not be everything you don't. And the strength and power that my feelings for you have over me, it's just unreal.

It's your first..."

"It's your first birthday with me and I'm probably more excited than you are. I really hope that you like my tiny attempts to make this birthday special and I hope to be by your side for all the upcoming ones.

Happy Birthday!

With Love,

Your Wife."

I interrupted and finished the letter by myself, moving closer to him and wrapping my hands around his neck. His lips were stretched into a beautiful smile and I couldn't stop mine from making an appearance.

"Thank you so much. You have no idea what this means to me." I knew he genuinely meant it. His eyes said it all. I threw myself on him and hugged him tightly. "I didn't think you'd know." He mumbled in my hair. I leaned back to look at him.

"I learned about it yesterday. Mrs. and Mr. Olsen helped me to plan all this." His mouth fell open as realization drew into him.

"No wonder he had the most ridiculous reasons to stay with him." I giggled and caressed his face. His smile disappeared as he looked into my eyes and said sternly. "You're anything but ordinary, Crystal." He said, remembering my words in the letter. "Try looking at yourself through my eyes. You are the definition of 'perfection' in my dictionary."