4• Marry him

🔹️🔹️Adrien Russell🔹️🔹️

Ever heard of the phrase, 'No good deed goes unpunished'?

It is used when an act of kindness backfires on the person who offers them. I never really thought about it until today.

"Explain this, young man!" Dad put the open magazine on the coffee table. His voice was low and gritted as if he was trying to stay calm.

"Dad, this isn't what it looks like." I tried to convince him by telling the entire story of last night. "Believe me Dad, all I was trying to do was help her."

"Adrien. Son, I am really proud of you for being generous and saving that girl. But you see, you have stained your reputation right before you could start your career. Such rumors affect the business." He tried to explain.

I knew he was right. Being named as a 'player' right before I could take over the business could literally be a source to put me down in front of the world.

"The articles and pictures will be down in an hour or two but people will not forget this anytime soon. You will have to face the criticism." Dad sighed and leaned back on the couch.

I started to feel guilty about what happened. Dad had worked day and night, putting his blood and sweat in the business and maintained a great reputation that I, his only son, ruined overnight.

I knew what I did wasn't wrong but the consequences I had to face had given me doubts about being kind.

"Tell me everything you know about this girl." Dad said, pulling me out of my trance.

"Um.. I don't know much, but why?" I asked.

"Just tell me." He sounded like he had something on his mind.

"Her name is Crystal Hayes. She lives in Brooklyn and had come here for a friend's wedding." I said. Dad kept looking at me, as if waiting for me to continue and I shrugged.

"That's it? That's all you know." He seemed disappointed as I nodded my head.

"Alright. I will take care of this situation, by hook or by crook. But, Adrien, I want you to trust me and agree to my decisions. It is going to be for your own good." He said.

"I trust you, Dad." He smiled at my reply and I was free to go. I had no idea what was on his mind, but whatever it was, if it helped me save my career, I would get it done.

I was on my way back home when my phone rang. I answered the call.

"What is all this about you all over the internet?" The shrill voice of my best friend, Sophie Flores.

"Hello, to you too. I am fine, how about you?" I said sarcastically and I could practically feel her rolling her eyes.

"Yeah alright. Now answer my question." I frowned at her desperation.

"Ugh. It's a long story. Just know that there's nothing like what the stupid articles say." I assured her.

"So.. you're not seeing anyone right?" She asked.

"Of course not. And if I was, you'd be the first one to know." I said while my focus was on the road.

"Thank god." She sighed.

"Then I'll see you around. I am driving right now."

"Why don't you stop by my house?" Sophie insisted but I declined since there was a lot on my mind for now and I needed some alone time

🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️

Three Days Later