28- Part II• Can't keep myself from falling

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell🔹️🔹️

We were in the car on our way back home when I was contemplating my newly found feelings. 

I was in love with Adrien. 

And as happy I was about it, I couldn't stop my conscience that was telling me that it was wrong. This was not supposed to happen. Falling in love with Adrien was not part of the contract and yet, here I am, knowing it would leave me with nothing.

It was the ringtone of Adrien's phone that got me out of my trance. His phone was connected to the car's stereo and he answered it. 

"Hello?" Adrien asked, his eyes focused on the road. 

"Adrien Russell." My heart beat sped up as I heard an unfortunate familiar voice through the speakers. Adrien looked equally surprised by the call but it was fury that immediately overpowered it. His hands tightened around the steering wheel and he slowed the speed of the car. 

"I will make you pay for this." Alan's disgusting voice boomed in the car. "You and everyone you love will suffer and I will make sure of it." 

Adrien chuckled darkly, unbothered by his threat. "You can do anything you like while you are still on the streets, Alan. It won't be long before you find yourself in prison." Jaw clenched, teeth gritted, eyes dark. Adrien looked like he could kill anyone that comes in his way right now. Thank heavens, the roads were clear. "This was just a trailer of your defeat. You have a lot more coming." 

"I will kill you, Adr-" 

"Don't you dare give me those empty threats! I had oathed to destroy you the day you laid your filthy hands on my wife!" The rage in Adrien's voice was the worst of what I had seen so far. My hands started shaking in fear and I clenched them in a fist to get my act together. 

As much as I wanted to run away, I wanted to hug the daylights out of him. I wanted to hold him against my chest and tell him how thankful I was to him for doing what he did, but to me all that mattered that he was there, standing by me— For me. 

I didn't pay attention to the rest of their quarrelling. All that was running in my mind was Alan's threats of hurting Adrien. We reached home, walked straight to our room and without sharing any words, I went into the closet. 

'You will pay for this.'

'I will ruin your life.' 

'I will kill you.'  

And my hands began to shake again. Trying not to hyperventilate, I tried pulling the zipper of my dress down but failed. Giving up, I went to the washroom and washed off my makeup. I came out to the room where Adrien stood by the window with his jacket that he wore earlier off, sleeves rolled up and hands crossed over chest. 

I needed his help with the dress so I hesitantly called him. "Adrien." He turned to look at me then walked forward. 

"Could you please help me with the zipper." I requested and turned around. We happened to be in front of the mirror so I could see him step forward, put my hair over one of my shoulders and steadily slide the zip down. 

My skin burned when his fingers brushed against my bare back. He gulped hard, dark blue eyes roaming over my skin slightly peeking through the dress. He looked up. Our eyes meet through the mirror. There were a thousand other things I wanted to feel at the moment but all I felt was terror. 

And as if reading me through my eyes, he leaned his chin on my shoulder and locked arms at my front. "You don't look so good." 

"I am scared, Adrien." I sighed deeply and confessed in a whisper. He lifted himself and turned me around to face him by my shoulders. 

"We don't have to be afraid of him, Crys. It should be the other way around, he is the evil to be damned." His hands cupped my cheeks and I leaned into his touch. 

"I know, Adrien. And I also know that he doesn't stand a chance against you but he might go to any extent to harm us." 

"Crystal. I am right by your side. Our story started with me protecting you and I will protect you till the very end." He told me. Although I already knew that. 

"It's not me I'm worried about Adrien. I am afraid that he might hurt you!" Panic started to rush through me. Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead. "You shouldn't have gone so far for me. I should have known this could be so dangerous. Adrien, you should think about yourself and your family." I got out of his hold but he pulled me back in. 

"You are my family, Crystal." 

Oh God! I love him so much. 

I couldn't help but blame myself for the situation. If Alan Marshall does something to harm him, I would never forgive myself. "You cannot risk yourself for your contractual wife, Adrien." 

"Oh, for god's sake, not you too!" He distanced himself from me and ran his hand through his hair. "I don't need to be reminded everyday that we are bound by a contract. Not by you, of all people." 

He released an exasperated sigh. "I thought we had been better than that." When his eyes zeroed to mine, I was met with a hint of disappointment. I gasped when he yanked me closer by my waist and slammed our bodies together. 

"Tell me, Crystal. Was I wrong to think so? Tell me, are we still bound by just those papers? This thing that we have between us means nothing to you?" 

"It means everything to me, Adrien. You mean everything to me. The mere thought of you being hurt makes me a wreck. You are my home. You are my world, do you not see it?" 

Within the next second, I was pushed against the wardrobe, caged between it and Adrien's body and his lips crushing mine hungrily. 

🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️🔹️

Please Vote and Comment ❤