13• Just how fast the night changes

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell🔹️🔹️

My peaceful slumber was frantically disturbed by a harsh and loud knock on the bedroom door. Groaning, I rubbed my eyes and checked the time. It was still just 6:30. I sighed and yelled as the knocking did not stop. "Hold on."

I opened the door and squinted my eyes to see a panicked Adrien running his hands through his messy hair. "What happened?" I asked him as a yawn escaped my mouth.

"Mom just called and informed me that Aunt Margaret is coming today." He spoke quickly.

"What? But she was going to come tomorrow, right?" I too had started to panic. We weren't ready to face her already. We had a lot to discuss and prepare.

"I don't know but her plans changed. She is coming today. Now come on. We need to get things ready." He came inside my room and started pacing front and back. "She might be here anytime."

"Let's start with shifting your things to my room."

My essential things that I use daily and nearly half of my closet was shifted to Adrien's room at supersonic speed. I almost started crying at the situation. I did not deserve this drama on a sunday morning. Lily too had helped her after she arrived and thankfully, we had everything sorted out. We barely managed to dodge her suspicious looks and questions. Adrien was sure that he would soon have to tell her the truth and I agreed.

Adrien's room was truly stunning. His room was big and luxurious with a large bed and couch. Everything in his house was either brown or beige. Simple yet attractive.

By the time we dressed up and finished our breakfast it was nearly 8. It wasn't long before the doorbell rang.

Lily moved to open the door but Adrien beat her to it as he ran to the door with a wide grin.

I had never seen him so excited before. I involuntarily smiled. His happiness was worth the compromise.

He opened the door and immediately threw himself in a pair of feminine arms. "Aunt!"

He asked her to come inside and brought inside her luggage. I approached as she walked in the living room.

"Hello, Ms. George." I greeted her. She was a beautiful woman who looked much younger than I expected she would be.

"Hi. You might be, Crystal." She smiled widely as I nodded and she came forward to hug me. Pulling back, she held my shoulders.

"What a beautiful girl. It's so good to meet you dear." She grinned and I blushed at her words.

"Likewise, Ms. George." I said.

"Oh! Please, call me Aunt, like Adrien does. You are my nephew's wife. Like my own niece." I smiled at her, agreeing to call her Aunt.

Adrien led her to the couch and she whispered something to him with a smirk, at which he glanced at me before rolling his eyes. Aunt giggled at him.

Lily greeted her and brought her a glass of water before relaxing on the couch.

"You look tired. Why don't you take some rest." Adrien suggested to her.

"Later. Right now, there's a lot I have to catch up to. I'm so sorry that I couldn't attend your wedding." She said apologetically and Adrien shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. And you can catch up with everything later. None of us are running away."

"Yeah. That's true. But you know, I actually came here for some work. So I won't be here all the time." Adrien nodded in acknowledgement. She agreed to rest for a while. He led her along with her luggage to the guest room.