36• Troubled Morning

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell🔹️🔹️

Waking up in the morning has always been painful to me, but it was nothing compared to the literal pain that I felt today. My head throbbed as if there was a hammer being pounded inside. Even a small task like opening my eyes felt like carrying tons of weight on my head.

After a lot of groaning and grunting, when I finally opened my eyes, everything was white.

Had I really been run over by a truck and reached heaven?

I shut my eyes hard and again when I opened them my vision was a lot better. I looked to my left to see the large windows that opened up to the beach view and then to my right at the empty side of the bed.

I remember being used to waking up with someone beside me. It took me some time to remember I have a husband as that 'someone'.

As if the devil was waiting for me to think about him, the door of the room was kicked open and-

Wow.

My mouth dried up when Adrien– shirtless Adrien came inside with a tray in hand. It wasn't the first time I had seen his body but every time I saw it, it looked even better, even sexier.

"Morning, hellcat!" He smiles brightly and puts the tray on the bedside. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I fell from an eleven storey building." I mumbled and cringed at my gravel voice. He chuckled and handed me a glass.

"It's lemonade. You'll feel better." I thanked him and gulped down the beverage to soothe my throat. When I finished it all and ducked my head, I saw what I was wearing. Adrien's t-shirt over only my panties. Suddenly feeling conscious, I rode up the blanket till my stomach. I tried to recall the events of last night.

Adrien went out of the bar to answer a call. A blonde asked me to have a drink with him and I shooed him away. I took a few more shots of vodka and then...

Then?

Blank. My mind went blank.

I should have known better than to drink out of my tolerance. What was I even thinking? Panic took over me thinking of the possible ridiculous things I might have done last night. And considering mine and Adrien's condition right now...

"Why am I wearing this?" I asked very hesitantly, slowly looking up at him. His eyes raked on my body and his lips curled into a small smirk. "Because you didn't feel comfortable sleeping naked."

What?!

Oh my god. Did we.. Did we..

"I don't understand." I slowly muttered, hoping for him to decline my thoughts.

"Come on, Crys. Don't act like a kitten now while you were a tigress all night." He bit his lip as he said that. I could feel the colour of my face drain out.

Shit.

"I–I.. Di-Did w–" I couldn't even bring any words out of my mouth. I felt so disappointed in myself. How could I do this? I was so close to tearing up.

"Look what you did." He showed me a long scratch on his arm. "And look what I did." I looked in the mirror in front of me as he pointed at my neck. Several reddish marks adorned my neck and seeing those, I couldn't stop my tears anymore. Digging my face into my palms, I began crying.

Stupid Crystal. How could I be so careless? How could I have had my first time and not even remember it? To be honest, I wasn't just disappointed in myself but in Adrien too. He knew I was completely wasted and out of my senses. Even if I had initiated things and had asked for it, he should have at least considered that I wouldn't even remember it the next morning.