24• Birthday Bash

🔹️🔹️Adrien Russell🔹️🔹️

Dressed in the clothes chosen by my wife, I had been pacing around the living room, talking about a few deals with my assistant, Ryan on the phone. Crystal was still getting ready and I patiently waited as it isn't everyday when she is all dolled up.

"Alright, schedule the meeting with Davis' at 2pm tomorrow and what about the deal with the Oberoi Corporation?" I asked on the phone.

"Sir, they are supposed to land here from India by the day after tomorrow." Ryan replied.

"Okay. Once they are-" My words were stuck in my throat when my eyes fell on Crystal who just walked out of our room. She wore a peach coloured dress that reached her ankles. It was a net draped over a linen cloth that ended on her mid-thigh. I raked my eyes from her head to toe. Hair beautifully styled, nude makeup and minimal accessories. No exaggeration, she looked angelic.

I realized that I had been ogling at her for long enough, when I heard Ryan practically screaming into my ear through the phone. Snapping my head away from her side, I continued my conversation with my assistant.

"Yea, sorry. What was I saying? The deal with Davis, right? About that-" I started blabbering to avoid embarrassment but Ryan interfered.

"Sir, we were talking about Oberois." He reminded me.

"Right! The Oberois. Um.... wh-what about Oberois?" I asked, scratching my forehead.

Fuck this!

Damn you, Crystal!

"You know what, Ryan. Let's talk about it in the office. Goodbye." I hung up before he could reply and shove my hands in my pocket. She looked at me with some sort of expectation in her eyes when I moved closer to her. We were standing close and I once again studied her body. As if my gaze made her feel conscious, she brushed her hands on her dress and leaned on the door to make some space between us.

"You look... breathtaking." I told her. There wasn't any reason for her to feel conscious. She was beautiful in every possible way.

"Thank you." She muttered slowly with a small smile lingering on her lips. Something in me stirred when my eyes fell on Crystal's lips. They were so luscious and shiny that my lips itched to claim them. I have no idea how I managed to control my urges to feel them on my body.

Before I could go far with my very unlikely to happen imaginary scenarios, I snapped back to reality and held my hand out for her. "Stay by my side, the whole time." I wouldn't leave her alone for the world even for a minute. Not after what had happened last time.

As we entered the extraordinarily decorated mansion with a gift, my eyes searched for the birthday girl.

Most of the guests of the party were my acquaintances and few were close friends but everyone was new to Crystal. I held her free hand and gave it a little squeeze and she smiled in return.

"Finally!" Someone said from our left side and we turned to see Sophie standing with her arms crossed over her chest. "The most awaited guests finally decided to show up." She said sarcastically and I gave her an awkward grin.

We walked to her and I hugged her tightly. "Happy Birthday!"

Thank you very much. Now give me my gift." She said as we broke the hug. I chuckled and handed it to her. She kept it aside and hugged Crystal who wished her too.

The entire time, I stood by Crystal's side. As the time passed, more people started coming and the place was quite crowded. I introduced Crystal to a few of mine and Sophie's mutual friends but she seemed to be a little bored.