12• Friends, Family & Love

Dedicated to Avika2006 , dreamloverofbooks , DESTORYINGGamingchan & JoiceyMitra for actively voting and commenting on the story 🧡

▪︎__________▪︎

🔹️🔹️Narrator's POV🔹️🔹️

"I am sure you haven't had your dinner yet. So why don't you join me? I am cooking Italian tonight." Sophie said to Adrien over the phone.

"The food will taste good right?" He teased, making her snap. "Hey! What do you mean? Of course, it will be tasty. I am cooking it."

"That's exactly why I am asking." He deadpanned, making her shriek in annoyance.

"Adrien!".

"Alright. I will be there in 15 minutes." He thought for a while before answering. He didn't feel good about leaving Crystal to eat by herself but as he watched her talking to Evan with such enthusiasm, he didn't care anymore. At least that's what he thought. He decided to leave a text message for her, hoping she would see it.

"Okay then. See you!" Sophie said and hung up. She was stirring the food that was specially being made for Adrien when her phone rang once again. She thought it was Adrien, but as she saw the name, her wide smile faded and she answered it.

"Hey Mama." She greeted her mother softly, paying attention to the food.

"I was trying to call you, but it was engaged. Who were you talking to?" Nicole asked.

"Adrien." Sophie replied while tasting the sauce. "He's coming here for dinner tonight."

"Oh. With his wife?" Her mother's question made Sophie frown.

"No. Why the hell will she come here? Why will I invite her in the first place?" Her face scrunched in annoyance.

"Why are you still seeing him, Sophie?" Sophie found her mother's questions ridiculous and she answered them with disinterest.

"What do you mean, Mama? He is my best friend. You know how important he is in my life, scratch that, he is my life. Who else will I see if not him?" Sophie's voice turned louder at every word.

"Sophie, have you gone mad?" Nicole couldn't help but snap at her daughter. "He is married, for god's sake!"

"So what, Mama? Shall I leave Adrien? Shall I forget him? Shall I stop loving him? I CANNOT! I WILL NOT!" Sophie yelled. "You don't know the truth Mama, I do. And besides when Adrien himself isn't bothered, why are you?"

"Because he doesn't know you the way I do. Your love for him has turned to obsession. It will only hurt you, Sophie. This is craziness." Nicole scolded her but it all went deaf to Sophie. She didn't want to understand.

"Well then, I am crazy." With that, she hung up.

🔹️🔹️🔹️

As Adrien came back from Sophie's house after dinner, he first looked around the living room then went to the room of the person he was searching for. The dinner didn't go as he wanted it to as Sophie's non-stop blabber about how Crystal hit a jackpot by having him as a husband and all of this could possibly be Crystal's cunning conspiracy went on and on, much to Adrien's annoyance. He was clear that he didn't want to talk about it, but Sophie was nowhere near understanding.

He knocked on the door twice and when he got no reply, he slowly opened it and peeked inside. It was empty and the lights of the bathroom were turned off. Frowning, he went towards the kitchen but stopped on hearing some noise from his study. He went there to see the door slightly open and the lights on.