8• He is mine!

🔹️🔹️Crystal Hayes🔹️🔹️

"Ha-Hannah. Hey." I gave a small forced smile but in return she glared at me with her arms crossed by her chest.

"You had gone for your honeymoon right." I tried to sound casual.

"Yes. We were supposed to come back tomorrow but when I saw the news headlines, I couldn't get myself to stay there any longer." She let me come in and as I did, I saw her parents, Megan and Ethan sitting on the couch, looking towards me.

"Would you like to explain yourself?" Hannah asked while everyone's attention was on me. I wanted to tell everyone the truth but then I remembered about the contract.

"I-" Before I could start, Hannah squealed loudly and started jumping like a freak.

"Oh My God! You are engaged to Adrien Russell!! I can't believe this. Why would you hide such a thing from me? You didn't even utter a word when the news came out initially. Oh my god, Crys. I am so happy for you."

I looked at her like she had grown two heads while she kept hitting my arm and shaking my shoulders.

"What are you? A 17 year old?" I rolled my eyes at her tactics.

"Shut up. This is exactly how you reacted when I told you that Ethan had proposed to me." She defended herself. "At least I was the one to inform you, not that you had known it from news and articles, unlike someone." I saw these taunts coming.

"Look, Han. I know I should have told this to you before but I was scared. Adrien didn't want anybody to know and you see, I couldn't take any risk. You have seen how a single picture of ours brought such havoc in his life. This is exactly what we feared." I came up with excuses to convince her.

"Hm. I understand. But now you have to tell me everything. When, where and how did you guys meet? How did you fall in love? When and how did he propose to you? When is the wedding? Every. Single. Thing."

Hannah's ability to change emotions amused me. She literally went from sympathetic to excited to dominating in a minute. She dragged me inside and thankfully, everyone acted pretty normal. They all happily congratulated me. I asked Ethan if he had met or spoken to Evan but he said that they hadn't talked since yesterday.

Everybody was excited to listen to mine and Adrien's so-called 'love story'.They all gathered around me with popcorn in hand to listen to 'How the Prince Charming of Manhattan met his Cinderella from Brooklyn.

Boy, this is gonna be difficult.

🔹️🔹️Narrator's POV🔹️🔹️

While the big revelation had become a fiery gossip in the city of Manhattan, people were shocked, few took it in a good way and appreciated the man's courage and few were jealous and worried because of the power he would soon be holding.

But there was one soul that was lost in agony. As the news reached her, she felt her heart break into pieces. She locked herself in her dark room and cried until her body was out of tears.

All Sophie wanted to see, hear and feel was her best friend, the one she had loved with everything in her, all her life. His absence was making her lose her mind. When she was done with crying, she started to bubble with rage. She had already destroyed everything in the house but she wasn't satisfied. She somehow wanted to numb the pain in her heart.

Pieces of a shattered vase attracted her. She picked up a big piece with her right hand and looked at her left hand. Without hesitation, she slit her wrist with no signs of pain on her face. The blood flooded out of her wrist but it didn't bother her. She brushed two of her fingers on her wrist and walked to the nearest wall, sliding down and sitting against it. She traced her blood-covered fingers on the wall, writing something that was in her heart.