Epilogue- Best life a man can have

🔹️🔹️Adrien Russell🔹️🔹️

Four Years Later

I stared at Crystal who moved around the large hall with her notepad in hand. It was five in the evening and nineteen hours since we fought last night. And the entire day, she had been avoiding me.

I admit it was my fault but I certainly wasn't being careless or ignorant like she had blamed me to be. This day was as important and special to me as it was to her. I looked around the beautifully decorated hall. Balloons, lights and flowers decorated the high walls. Heaps of gifts were kept in a corner and the employees of Mosaic Events rushed to make the arrangements.

It would be a lie if I said that I wasn't disappointed in myself when I realized that I wasn't exactly any sort of help while Crystal had arranged every nook and corner. I had one job. And I failed.

I watched my wife as she suddenly stopped on her track and scrunched her face, as if in pain. I was already on my way towards her to check on her when she slipped her fuck me heels out of her feet and massaged them. Before I could reach her, a woman called me from behind.

I turned around to look at her. "She's ready." She smiled brightly. I smiled back and nodded at her before turning back towards Crystal, but she had already walked away with her stilettos kept in a corner. Sighing, I followed Lily.

As soon as I opened the door, my heart lightened when I heard the fits of beautiful laughter that stopped when her eyes fell on me. "Aahaa!" She called out. I took a sharp breath looking at my little girl, Eyana, dressed up for her second birthday. She smiled as bright as the sunshine and raised her arms at me.

"My god, Muffin!" I gasped at her and picked her up in my arms. "You look so beautiful, baby!" I showered her face with kisses and she broke into another laughter.

"Amazing job, Lily

"Amazing job, Lily. Thank you." I smiled at her for dressing Eyana up.

"You're most welcome." She bowed dramatically. "Where's Crystal? She needs to look at her angel as well." My smile faded at her mention.

"She's running around looking at the arrangements." I put Eyana back in her crib and sat on the couch next to it. "She is still mad at me." I sighed.

"Well, you can't blame her." Lily said after a while. "You messed up pretty bad. You volunteered on choosing the cake and ordering it yourself but then you forgot about it until she asked."

I rubbed my hand over my face. I did fuck up big time. "I know... I- I'm not trying to give excuses but I wanted to lend a hand in the arrangements but things got out of hand at the office and it slipped out of my mind."

I had wanted everything to be perfect at the party. Even though it was Eyana's second birthday, it was her first birthday party because last year on her birthday, Dad had been in the hospital because of a minor heart stroke he had had a day before. I had made up my mind that this year will be the most memorable day for my muffin– even though she's too young to remember things– but since the fire that was caught in one of our hotels four months ago, my plans and schedules flipped upside down.