37• The fun continues

🔹️🔹️Crystal Russell🔹️🔹️

"I think I lo- Aah"

The large splash of water on us made me shrill in between my confession. When I looked back up, it was a jet ski that a man had rode beside us. I was thrilled as I had an urge to try it out myself. Reading my face, Adrien said, "Do you want to ride it?"

I nodded rapidly but then frowned. "But I don't know how to."

"I do." He said.

"Really? Can you ride that?" He nodded with an amused smile as I shrieked in excitement. We went to the station where they were renting the jet ski. When we finally had it to ourselves, Adrien climbed on it first, followed by me behind him.

"Hold tight." He said and I obliged, wrapping my hands around his torso and resting my chin against his shoulder.

It had to be the best experience of my life. Adrien rode the jet ski pretty fast, which scared me at first but a minute later, I couldn't stop myself from spreading my arms and enjoying the drops of water and the wind hitting my face. Few minutes later, Adrien insisted that he would teach me to ride it so I sat in the front with Adrien behind me. For some time I did try to learn with Adrien dominating the handles but eventually the urge to just have fun took in and I leaned back on Adrien while he rode it all by himself.

And that wasn't it. We tried water jet packs and kiteboarding together and before we knew it the sun had slowly begun to set.

Under the orange sky, we stood half under the water, our arms locked around each other and gazed at the beautiful scenery. "It's so beautiful." I whispered, leaning on Adrien's chest as he hugged me from behind.

"It indeed is." I glanced at him. It wasn't the sunset his eyes were fixed on, it was me. With the continuous tugging on my heart, I turned around and circled my arms around his waist. His blue eyes reflected the orange hue of the sunset and it shone like a rare gem. It was the most magnificent thing I had ever seen.

He pulled me closer by my shoulders and I winced. Frowning, Adrien quickly removed his hand and examined my shoulder. Seeing a few scratches that were still fresh and wet and stinging due to the salty water, he asked me, "What happened?"

"I think it happened while kiteboarding." I mumbled as his thumb gently caressed it. Leaning in, he pressed a kiss on my wound.

"Let's go now. We've had enough fun for today."

🔹️🔹️🔹️

I was arranging our things in the resort room when I mistakenly dropped Adrien's wallet and a few of his cards slid out of it. Picking them up, I put them back in his wallet but my eyes fell on his driving license.

Amazed by how handsome he looked even in his photograph on his driving license, I was about to put it back when something caught my eye. His date of birth.

3 September.

Tomorrow!

How hadn't I known about it until now?

Adrien had been on a call, standing in the balcony and I took this as my chance to start on planning something. His first birthday after our marriage has to be a huge celebration.

Earlier, Mrs. Olsen and I had exchanged numbers. I called her as she and Mr. Olsen could be the only two people who can help me plan things out.

"Hello, Mrs. Olsen. This is Crystal." I greeted when she picked up the call. I informed her of Adrien's birthday and she was thrilled to know about it. I requested her to ask Mr. Olsen if he could keep Adrien engaged until tomorrow evening, so I could arrange it all. A minute later, while on the call, Mrs. Olsen spoke to her husband about it and Mr. Olsen happily assured me that all I have to do is tell what I want and it will be done by his people. When I told them how thankful I was to them, they shrugged it off saying that I can pay them back with a piece of the birthday cake.