Grounded

"Excuse me?"

I turn to see a tall man looking at me with a humble smile.

"Are you (Y/n) Wayne by chance?"

Those dark eyes, tall form, I knew him immediately so I jump up and extend my hand.

"Yes I am! I can't believe it, you're Yuzuru Hanyu!"

He chuckles but nods before shaking my hand.

"It is nice to meet you (Y/n). My coach was telling me how there was an amazing young child who had intense skill, so I wanted to meet you."

"Really?" I beam. "B-but who told your coach?"

"I did."

Gwen walks up beside us with her hands behind her back.

"Gwen? What is this?"

She chuckles to herself.

"Well, you're excelling at each challenge I give you, so I wanted you to learn from one of the best skaters I've had the pleasure of knowing."

"Learn?"

"Yes," Yuzuru nods. "If I may train with you, we can hone your skills as a single skater."

"You mean it?"

When he nods again, I felt like there were stars in my eyes as I beam with excitement.

"Yes yes yes, and definitely yes!"

I was giddy inside, I not only met one of my all-time favorite skaters, but he wants to train with me. Me! Oh I can't wait to tell Dad and my brothers!

"Then it is settled. We will begin training on Monday."

I bow out of respect. "Thank you so much Hanyu-san."

"Yuzuru is fine, though I do appreciate your attempt at Japanese etiquette."

"I'm still working on it."

After exchanging goodbyes I gather my gear and my hoodie then look in the bleachers hoping that Dad was here to pick me up, but he wasn't. Not that I'm surprised, I caught wind that there was a lady he was seeing, possibly someone from the office. He hasn't brought her around yet and I think its to not scare her off with by introducing her to his two kids.

At the front of the building I didn't see Alfred or the car. I reach into my jacket and pull out my phone and click open my calendar.

Thursday

4pm-6pm- Skating Practice

6:30pm- Dinner with Stockholders

"Aww, I forgot."

I click over to try and call Alfred but my phone dies mid call. Groaning to myself I look up to see the sun slowly disappearing behind the tall buildings, if I don't get home soon I'll be caught in the night where all the criminals take over. However, I don't fear the criminals, they would learn to fear me if they cross me. After all, who would be so smart as to think a six-year-old could take down anyone three times her size or age? As much as Dad wants to keep me away from the crime fighting, I can't help but feel an urge to do something about the crime in this city. All of the things I've done in the past, the bad in me wants to seek retribution, like Jason did. However, Jason and my other brothers agree with Dad about keeping me away from the dangers at night.

Walking down the streets I hear a faint struggle in the distance, probably a fight between rival gangs, however I hear a familiar sheen of a blade that's lightweight and takes skill to master. Instantly I run towards the sound of the brawl and hide behind a nearby dumpster and peak around to see the situation.