New addition

just for a fair ⚠️ W ARNING ⚠️  this may not be batrelated but idc. don't read if u don't want 2 read if u do

Jon had settled back on the bench, keeping his back turned towards you but you knew from your boy's posture that he is still evidently sulking and you resist the urge to let out a sigh. A warm hand touches your back softly, alerting you to the owner of said hand. You didn't even glance as you are well aware as to whom it belonged to and instead relaxed slightly. A moment later, your husband appears beside you, draping an arm over your shoulder, pulling you towards him.

"Is Jon still sulking?" Clark whispers - though he knows it's rather useless because even at the distance they are in, Jon can still hear him - and you nod your head, keeping your eyes on your baby boy. Clark looks away from his son and turns to look at you, the frown on his face deepening when he sees the crease on your forehead. He lifts his free hand and turns your face towards him.

"You shouldn't blame yourself." Clark cups your cheek with his hand and you bite the inside of your cheek. You know what he is saying is true, at least deep down inside, but it is still hard to shake the feeling of hurt and agitation at yourself - at how you let your son find out the way that he had. You should have sat him down and told him.

Clark had always been against your idea of not wanting to tell Jon that you are expecting - he wanted Jon to know, to be happy for the family but you had been afraid. Your fear had been baseless now that you had time to think about it although it had been - at one point - real to you and facing your fears was something you were never good at, even with Superman by your side. But now, you are slowly trying to learn from your mistakes.

"But I should have listened to you, Clark." You tell him, turning your head to press your lips against his palm. Clark gives you a small smile and leans forward to kiss your forehead. "I'm scared that he's going to hate me forever." You could feel the tears starting to well up and Clark shakes his head.

"I'll talk to Jon." Clark reassures you and you stare at your husband for what feels like the longest time before he pulls away from you, heading towards where Jon is currently sitting. At times like this, you wished you had heightened hearing because you really want to know what the loves of your life are talking about but judging from the way Jon had visibly tensed and then relaxed at the sight of his father, you can only hope for the best. You continue to watch the two of them talk and the relief you feel washing over you the moment Jon throws himself in to Clark's embrace as he grins and laughs happily warms your heart.

Seeing the look on your son's face makes you feel slightly better and you tense once more when Clark said something to him nd the both of them turn to look at you. Clark pulls away from Jon, patting the top of his head before he heads back to you.

"You have nothing to worry about," Clark caresses your cheeks. "Just talk to him - I'll wait for the both of you here." Clark ushers you towards your son and with a deep breath and feign confidence, you walk over to Jon.

Sitting beside Jon felt awkward - slightly strained - at first but then as you are about to open your mouth to apologise, Jon beats you to it. "Ma, I'm sorry!" Jon exclaims, turning to look at you. "I didn't mean to hurt you - Pa told me my actions hurt you and I'm... I'm sorry, Ma!" He looks at you with the most adorable apologetic expression you have ever seen from your boy and that is when your shoulders feel lighter - like the burden of the world had been lifted.

"Oh, Jon." You gather him in your arms and bury your nos in his hair. The moment Jon wrap his arms around you, that's when the tears stream down your cheeks and you tighten your hold on him. "I'm sorry too - for keeping it a secret from you. I didn't mean for it to hurt you and I'm really sorry. Can you forgive your Ma?" You pull back to look at your son.

Jon nods his head, grinning at you. "Of course, Ma! I'm not sad or angry anymore - In fact, I think I'm really excited to be a big brother!" He exclaims excitedly and his grin is so contagious, you could not help but smile as well. You wipe away the tears and giggle at his enthusiasm.

"Really?"

Jon nods his head. "Of course." You smile and peck his cheek, causing him to laugh. "Hey Ma, I think I'm going to call Damian and tell him the great news!" He pulls away from you and you nod your head. He pulls away from you completely. "Watch me, Ma, I'm going to be the best big brother ever!" Jon announces cheekily and rushes away to call Damian.

"Are you going to stand over there or come and join me?" You call out over your shoulders and you can feel your husband chuckling before he lands right beside you. You turn to look up at him and Clark smiles; the same smile that caused you to fall in love with him in the very beginning.

Clark reaches for your hand, intertwining your fingers with his. "You had nothing to worry about, right?" You smile at him. "Jon told me he wasn't sad about not being the only child anymore - he was only mad because we decided to keep it a secret from him." Clark informs you, causing you to flinch at how silly your decision had been and Clark tightens the hold he has on your hand slightly. "He wanted to show off to his friends how he is going to get a new sibling."

"He told me he's going to be the best big brother."

"I heard."

"Do you think he will be?"

"Of course - who do you think raised him, Mrs. Kent?"