Burn On Ice

"Good practice today (Y/n)," my coach Gwen smiles. "Do you think you're ready for the competition this Saturday?"

"I guess," I shrug. "I just wish I could've got the song I wanted to dance to, but my second choice is nice. Do you think it's alright that I'm skating out of my age group?"

"Oh your routine is going to be a winner, I'm sure of it. You're much more advanced for your age so putting you in the under ten group would be ludacris. Are you having your family come for support?"

"Um," I ponder. "Hopefully. Daddy's usually busy with work, and my older brothers too. I've got a little plan to try and rally them together especially since they don't know about this."

"I hope it works, you deserve an audience for this debut."

"Thank you. I'll see you Saturday."

Waving goodbye to my coach I go into the locker room to put up my skates and grab my backpack then make my way out of the ice rink building. I was hoping that Alfred was a little late because practice ran a little longer today, and I know that he had to take Damian to a lunch with Dad with some business clients. I wanted to make it to the arcade that was next door before anyone found out what I was doing.

Luckily Alfred was not there yet so I go into the arcade to play a few pinball machines before he arrives. Just as I was about to win the high score I was distracted by Damian leaning on the machine blocking my view.

"Hey! I was just about to beat the high score!"

"Too bad, we need to get going."

Rolling my eyes, I pickup my backpack then follow him out to the car where Dad was waiting with the door open.

"Did you have a good time?" he asks as we climb in the car.

"Yeah," I nod, "until Damian made me lose my high score."

"Come now, don't get upset over meaningless things."

"You're being mean today, more than usual."

"Am not, just tired."

"Then skip patrol tonight."

"Can't," Dad says, "we caught wind that Two-Face is going to pull a heist Downtown."

"Well isn't that a pain, crime waits for no one. Can I come?"

"No," they both say.

"Come on! When can I be on a patrol?"

"(Y/n)," Dad warns, "we've been over this."

"No it's a double standard; Damian gets to go out every night. I'm getting rusty."

"I don't think you're ready for it at this time. I already have to worry about Damian, I don't want to worry about you too."

"I can take care of myself," Damian mutters.

"Fine," I groan not wanting to start an argument.

Alfred pulls up to the mansion and we get out of the car then go into our rooms; well I go to my room while Dad and Damian go to the Batcave. I put my backpack away after I pull out my outfit for the competition. It's an orange and red fade from top to bottom dress that flares at the thighs.

I smile to myself thinking about how I found something that I enjoy doing, and it doesn't involve the family business. No killing, no fighting, just good sport; I enjoy being more creative. Though it would be nice to take some frustration out on criminals. I hang my dress in the closet in between my coats to hide it then I turn on my radio playing the song I will skate to.