Part 30: Step to a new beginning

Note: I am putting a note beforehand as I know I have made my readers wait for long.. Apologies for that but I am currently suffering from a viral infection and have allergies on my body so I couldn’t write anything. Only reason for delay sorry for making you guys wait.

5 Years Later:

Pia glanced at her watch and tiptoed slowly to the living room ensuring no one has spotted her.. She wanted to leave for college before her uncle spotted her and would insist on dropping her.. She was so annoyed with him.. Now she was 20 years old for god sake and he would still treat her like a small child..
“Statue!!!” Came a loud shriek behind her..
Pia tensed and groaned holding her hands up.. “Ok I am statue..”
However, she turned around to face the giggly voice which came behind her..
Zain.. her uncle’s son.. And behind him stood Zara his younger sister..
Zain was 4 years old while Zara was 2 years old..
Zain kept looking at her suspiciously.. He was a bundle of joy but exact replica of her uncle there was no difference.. In looks and behavior he was same..
Meanwhile Zara.. She was shy and silent.. very much alike in looks to her mother..
Both of them were the happiness and joy of the house and Pia always melted in front of them..
“Zain…” Pia protested.. “I really need to leave…”
“PP don’t go.. I will tell dad..” Zain warned her with a naughty look.. He came towards Pia running while Zara followed her brother with wobbly steps and a grin..
Pia groaned and set down at the floor when Zain launched himself on her.. “Zain seriously.. Why would you not let me leave early..” Pia complained half heartedly.. truth was she loved spending time with Zain and Zara.. Both of them loved her so much it made her heart burst in happiness..
They called her PP, a nickname which Zain had created since he was 2 years old..
Pia glanced at her watch and was ready to get up when Zara hugged her..
"PP!! Candy!!" Zara shrieked happily..
Pia laughed seeing the over enthusiastic two infront of her..
"Zain.. Zara.. no candy before breakfast.." came her uncle's voice behind her..

Sidharth:
Sidharth chuckled as he saw the children pout hearing his words..
He always smiled whenever he saw his two precious babies and Pia together..
His family.. His world..
"Dad!!" Zain came running towards him and hugged his leg whining.. "I want candy.."
"Me too! Me too!!" Zara jumped excitedly..
Sidharth bent down to their level and smiled with adorance gazing at his children..
"Zain.. Zara.. Your mom will be angry if you have candy now.. First breakfast and then.." Sidharth glanced up as he noticed Pia trying to leave quickly..
"Pia! Where are you going??" Sidharth spoke as he stood up frowning..
Pia rolled her eyes.. "I was trying to leave before you came.."
Zain who was not interested in the talk started running around with Zara..
"But why are you going by yourself i will drop you.." Sidharth complained..
"Because i can go myself uncle! You dont need to drop me everyday.." She replied back to him unhappily..
Truth was all her friends drove themselves to college and they all teased her nonstop because her uncle comes to drop her daily..
Sidharth was ready to reply when they heard Zara shout..
"Dada!!!" Zara shouted unhappily while Zain was tickling her nonstop..
Sidharth got distracted.. "Pia.. sit down and have breakfast.. Zain.. leave your sister alone.."
"But i dont want breakfast.." Pia protested unhappily..
"Why would you go argue about everything Pia!" He replied back while giving quick glances at Zain who was now dragging his sister around.. "Zain! Stop.."
Pia folded her arms.. "Because i am now 20yrs old and a grown up adult.. I can take care of myself.."
"Owhhhh Dad!!" Zain shouted this time.. Sidharth glanced back with a frustrated look as he saw both of them crying now..
"Pia listen to me and sit down" Sidharth spoke but Pia interrupted him..
"No i wont listen.." she spoke stubbornly..
"Enough!! What war is this early morning!!" Came the loud shout from Shehnaaz as she joined them with a unhappy look..
She walked up her kids and glanced at them frowning..
She groaned as she saw Zara crying while Zain glanced away with a guilty look..
"What happened baby?" She asked her younger child while brushing away her tears and taking her in arms..
"He hit me.." she pointed at her brother and replied crying..
Sana sighed.. "Zain.. Come here.."
Zain pouted.. "She also hit me mommy.."
"Stop fighting with your sister.. She is small and you have to take care of her always okay.." Sana spoke lovingly while brushing Zain's hair smooth.. "Now tell her sorry and hug her.."
Zain muttered a sorry and hugged his little sister with a kiss on her cheek..
"Okay now go and sit down for breakfast.." She instucted them and stood up ..
"I want everyone seated for breakfast in 2 minutes.." Sana spoke firmly glancing between Sidharth and Pia
Pia sighed and quickly came and set down instantly..
Sana glanced at Sidharth who was still standing there watching them..
"Should i send a special invitation for you to sit down?" Sana questioned him sarcastically..
Without an arguement he set down which made Pia giggle..
As the years had passed Shehnaaz has managed to develop a special talent of handling them all and no one dared to say a word infront of her.. and more than that her sarcasm level was the best which made Sidharth also speechless attimes..
Sana took Zara on her lap while Zain was seated beside her..
"Is it necessary for you both to fight daily?" She questioned them while feeding the kids..
"Aunty why cant i drive to college myself.. i even have license i dont want uncle dropping me there daily.." Pia complained grumpily..
Sidharth was ready to reply but Shehnaaz held his hand..
"Wait.. eat the breakfast first and then we will speak about this.."
Sidharth sighed and poured himself some juice when he noticed Zain staring at him expectedly..
"Now what kiddo??" Sidharth questioned..
"Candy.." Zain whispered expectedly..
"Me too!!" Zara shouted excitedly while Sidharth groaned..
"Sidharth!" Sana glared at him.. "how many times i have to tell you dont mention candy to them.."
"I did not!" Sidharth protested.. "They themselves keep mentioning about Candy since morning.."
Sana shook her head.."I feel like i have 4 kids here in this house.." she turned to Pia.. "Pia if you are done eating you can leave.."
Sidharth tried to get up but Shehnaaz stopped him.. "No Sidharth.. Let her go she can drive herself.."
Pia squealed happily and stood up.. She gave flying kisses at her cousins and ran to the door..
"Shehnaaz.." Sidharth complained..
Sana gave him a sweet smile.. "Let her feel grown up Sidharth.. She can go alone she will be fine.."
Sidharth stared at her and sighed.. he relaxed and smiled with a nod..
"Mama.. play.." Zara spoke impatiently as Zain ran to the sitting room to play with his toys..
Sana smiled and brushed a kiss on her daughter's cheek and put her down.. She smiled as she saw Zara run upto her brother and sit beside him playing..
"They are growing up too fast Sidharth.." Sana spoke sadly as she stared at her two precious children..
"I know.. it feels yesterday only Zara was born.." Sidharth spoke feeling nostaligic..
Sana smiled and it and pressed his hand as she related to his statement..