Part 22.1 : Engaged?

(Part 1)

Sidharth had come office to brief his secretary over some project work which had to be done in his absence as he was leaving for Goa today.

He was more than excited for his best friend's wedding and having Shehnaaz beside him to enjoy this occasion was the best. He could not wait any longer to spend more time with her.. get to know her well.. He liked being around her..

Sidharth was ready to leave when someone knocked on his door.. He glanced up to see Shreya who walked inside with a hesitant look.. "Sidharth sir can I speak to you please.."

"Yes come in.." He replied politely and sat down..

She came and placed an envelope Infront of him.. Sidharth frowned and took it.. "What is this?"

"My resignation.." Shreya replied stiffly.. "I apologize for making you uncomfortable with my behavior.. I did have a liking towards you and somehow it went overboard.."

Sidharth nodded not knowing what to reply.. He choose to be quiet and let her speak..

"Well my main reason is to leave abroad for my studies.. " She forced a smile.. "Thank you for giving the opportunity to work in here.. it was a good experience.." She stood up to leave..

"If you are sure about resigning.. all the best Shreya.. I will give this to HR for processing.. They will contact you for the formalities and don't worry we will provide you a good recommendation letter.." He spoke calmly..

Shreya nodded and turned to leave.. But then she faced him once again.. "Also all the best to you and your fiancé.. Hope you have a good life.."

Sidharth frowned.. "Fiancé?"

"Well.. Isint Shehnaaz your fiancé'? She told me you both were engaged.." Shreya said with a smirk..

Sidharth hid his initial shock.. Was he and Shehnaaz really engaged? And if they were why did she hide it from him? He decided not to react infront of Shreya.. "Thank you.. If you don't mind I have to rush.."

"Ok.. Goodbye.." Shreya nodded and left leaving behind Sidharth confused in his thoughts..

At the night:

They all had just reached to Goa and was now seated in the restaurant until their rooms were ready in the beach house.. They had decided it was better to get a beach house so that all can have their own rooms and get ready for the wedding which was to be held tomorrow evening..

Everyone seemed excited except for one person..

Sidharth.. He was too quiet.. Sana worriedly looked at him as he avoided her gaze.. He had been ignoring her since their journey to reach Goa.. Only giving stiff replies and staying silent.. What had happened to make his mood bad she couldn't help but worry..

She placed her hand on his and pressed it comfortingly.. He looked at her with a questioning gaze and looked away once again.. It made her heart ache..

A staff came and informed them the place was ready.. Everyone collected their items and headed to the beach house..

Ishika came hurriedly and pressed Sana's hand excitedly.. "Can you believe this.. I am getting married tomorrow.."

Sana smiled instantly giving her best friend a side hug.. "I am so excited Ishi.. I cant believe my best friend is getting married tomorrow!!"

Dev chuckled seeing the Ishika and Sana jump around in excitement.. He glanced at his best friend who was lost in his thought.. "Hey bud.. you okay?" he touched Sidharth's shoulder..