19. Last day of school 1/2

The next morning you get ready for school and get in the car with your grandma. On the way there you two talk about after school.

"Why don't you walk down to the diner after school for a quick meal while I'm still working? We can bring the rest home for your grandfather! How's that sound dear?"

"Sounds good! Hey tomorrow can I look around town?"

"Oh sure,honey! They sounds like fun! Just be sure to get some homework done in the morning before you go and you know when you need to be home."

"Okay thanks!"

You pull up to the school and once again meet Beverly in the front yard. The two of you get Into the school and start walking through the halls. As you are chatting together, Beverly suddenly grabs her sides and her face winced in pain.

"Bev, are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I don't really know, I just got a sudden sharp pain in my stomach. Ow..." She scrunches her nose.

"Oh cramps? Here, let's get you to a water fountain. It should help!"

You walk her to the closest one and she starts drinking. A moment later, Patrick and Henry walk up to the two of you.

"Good morning (y/n)!" Patrick smiles as he stands next to you.

You breathe in the air as well as that same amazing cologne.

'Hm yep. Still smells amazing...' you thought to yourself. "Morning Patrick! Morning Henry!"

"Morning doll." Henry greets you with a nod.

Beverly stands up from drinking and winces again. The boys look at her. Henry raises an eyebrow.

"You good there, Marsh?" Patrick asks with a sarcastic smirk.

"Just fine..." Beverly spoke through her teeth.

Just then Greta walks by on her way to her class. Her shoulder shoves against some random student.

"Watch it, twerp!!"

Then the two of you make eye contact. Her eyebrows narrow. She steps towards you to say something, but then she notices Patrick and Henry towering next to you. They both glare down at her. She gives you a dirty look before awkwardly walking off. You fold your arms and look at the ground.

"God I hate her. She's nothing but a bully. An' bullies are nothing but scum of the school!" You frown.

Patrick and Henry give each other awkward glances. After a moment of standing in silence Beverly and Henry walk into the classroom. Not together but at the same time. Most likely shoved over the doorway as well. Then you and Patrick follow in after.

"So! Uh, (y/n)! Are you free after school if you want to hang out? Or are you busy again...?" Patrick talks to you as you walk to your desk.

"I'm sorry Patrick, not today..." You say looking up at him as you sit down.
"Oh..." he looks down as he awkwardly stands at your desk.

"But I was hoping to look around the town tomorrow afternoon. If you're not busy would you maybe want to give me a tour?"

Patrick's face lights up.

"Oh! Cool! Yeah! Uh,okay! I'll uh, I'll see you later then!..." he smiles before tapping on your desk and walking to his desk.