27. Leeches

Warning: this is where the story gets kinda nasty so if you can't handle gory things then skip. Although if you don't Like that then I don't know why you even read this story because it's based from a horror fandom but anyways! Enjoy!

You woke up to an empty bed in your room. Of course it was your room, but something was off. All the colors in your room seemed to be dull and dim. It all looked the same, but it didn't feel the same.
   You heard nearby coughing and turned your head. Your bedroom door was open and the light from the bathroom shined in the hallway. You shifted your body to the edge of the bed and got up. The hardwood floor was cold on your feet as you quietly walked to the bathroom.
   As you got closer, coughing was not the only thing you could hear. Upon coughing there were expressions of pain coming from a distorted voice.
   You reached the door and peeked through. You saw Patrick's towering figure hunched over the counter, hands painfully gripping the sides of the sink.

   "Patrick?...Patrick, what's wrong?" You asked, stepping into the bathroom.

   Patrick turned to you, with his eyes red from the tears streaming down his face. His hair was a mess and some of it stuck to his forehead from sweat. His face was a sickly pale color. 

   "It hurts..." the words sounded painfully forced from his throat.

   You quickly stepped to his side, putting a hand on his back.

   "What hurts? Where's the pain?" You were filled with concern.

   Patrick's hands shook as he lifted them up and firmly gripped his hair.

   "M-my head! It won't stop! It feels like something's tearing my head apart from the inside! It won't go away- (y/n) please make it go away!" Tears were uncontrollably falling from his eyes. Pain and fear consumed them.

   You frantically opened the cupboard door and started rummaging through it.

   "Maybe some aspirin or tylenol can help-"

   "No...I already tried some...nothing works." Patrick said, lifting up an empty bottle of pills.

   Your eyes widened. "That bottle was more than half full this morning-Patrick, how many did you take?!" You almost screamed at his actions.

   "All of them...I just wanted the pain to go away-Urgh!!" He lunges forward in pain covering his eye.

   "What is it??" You quickly grabbed his shoulders, trying to get him to stand back up.

   "The pain, it moved! It's in my eye now! Something's literally in my eye!!"

   "Let me see!!"

   Patrick slowly uncovered his eye to reveal something black in the corner of his tear ducts.

   "Oh my-What is that??" You quickly grabbed some tweezers from a drawer.

   Patrick tried to stand still but he was shaking so you had to hold the side of his face.

   "This is going to hurt a lot." You said quietly.

   "I don't care! Just get it out!"

You both took a deep breath before bringing the tweezers to his eye. It took a few tries before getting ahold of whatever it was in his eye. Patrick tried with all his focus to persevere and not squeeze his eyes shut. You started to pull on it and he grimaced in pain.

   "Sorry... I-" you started but then your eyes widened as you froze.

After you pulled the black thing out about halfway, it started to squirm.

   "What the fuck is that?! I can feel it moving!!" Patrick cried out. "Get it out! Get it out!!!"

   You firmly pulled out the wiggling black blob. It stretched until it finally came out with a pop and it turned out to be a long black leech.

   "Oh my god!!" You quickly covered your mouth and dropped it in the sink.

   It wiggled about for a moment before it slipped down the drain.

   "Holy fucking hell-That was in my eye?! Why was that in my eye??How did it get in there!?" Patrick immediately started freaking out and so did you.

   "I don't know! But what could you have done to-"

   Suddenly Patrick gripped his mouth and once again leaned on the sink. He gagged a few times before,

   "Urgh!!!" He opened his mouth and an onslaught of leeches fell out of his mouth and into the sink.

   You screamed as more and more blood-sucking leeches slipped out of his mouth; piling up and squirming over each other.

   "Oh my god, Patrick! Why is this happening?" You cried as you couldn't do anything to help him. (well you could call an ambulance but whatever!! On with the story!)

   They stopped from a moment and Patrick coughed, trying to catch his breath.

   "They- they're in my throat! Attached to the inside of my throat! Oh fuck! Make it stop! Please make it stop! Help me!"

   "Shit Patrick! I-I don't know what-"

Then Patrick froze. He slowly turned to you with his eyes glazed over.

   "...Why are you looking at me like that?" You asked.

   "This is your fault!!" Patrick yelled in anger and firmly grabbed your shoulders and shook you violently.

   "What?" Your eyes widened.

Patrick's voice began to change. It became a distorted higher pitched voice. It didn't even sound like him anymore.

"You did this to me! You! It's all your fault!" Patrick continued to yell in your face and you screamed in fear at Patrick's sudden change.

   "Patrick I don't understand!! Why are you-"

   "Shut up!!" He then grabbed your neck and the back of your head and slammed your face into the sink full of leeches.

   He yanks your head back up and you look in the mirror. 6-7 leeches were attached to your face and the mirror was cracked. You looked in your reflection to see that Patrick was no longer behind you. Instead the face of a clown shown in the reflection.
   You woke up flinching. Sitting straight up and looking around, you looked over and saw Patrick sleeping beside you slightly snoring.