26. Swimming

You go to your dresser and take out your favorite swimsuit. You put it on under your dress and slip on your easiest shoes. You look at your clock as you grab a towel from your closet. Just turning sunset. It was still kind of early but you knew your grandparents don't bother you after this time until morning unless it was some kind of emergency. You peek out your window and see Patrick at the bottom.

   "C'mon!" He whispered.

   You carefully climbed out your window and down the tree. Patrick held out his hand to make sure you didn't fall on the last bit.

   "So where to?" You asked as you hopped down.

Patrick smiled. "Follow me!" He grabbed your hand and started to lead the way.

   He lead you through the same woods as earlier today. It was the same as before but only slightly different. When you were here last, the sun was high up and birds were all awake. Now that it is dusk, the sun is much lower; still giving light but toned down. And most of those birds are quiet now and you could hear some crickets start chirping.
   You came to an opening spot from the trees and there seemed to be a drop off.

   "Alright! We're here! We can put our clothes against this tree!"

Patrick started taking off his boots then pants and shirt until he was just in swimming trunks.
   You started lifting up your dress but awkwardly paused.

   "Patrick..." you mumbled since his eyes were still on you.

  "Alright alright!..." he smirked looking away slightly blushing. Not really seeing the point since you were going to be half naked anyways.

   You finished undressing and took off your shoes and walked over to the jump off. The ledge was many meters above the water.

   "Oh! Um, wow... that's kinda high." Even if you weren't scared of heights, this was still too high even for you. "Is there another way down?"

   "What? Don't tell me you're wussing out!" Patrick laughed.

   "Well no! I just, Maybe we could do this tomorrow..."

  "Ah, come on...Hey look! Someone's already down there!" He pointed out.

   You turned around and walked back to the edge. "Really? Who?"

   Then Patrick grabbed your hand. And in that moment you knew exactly what just happened. You have been fooled. He quickly pulled you into a tight hold with a devilish grin and said:

   "Us" And with that he jumped off the ledge with you in his arms.

   "Patrick NO-" you were too late! You screamed for a split second before holding your breath preparing to hit the water.

   You reached the water with a big splashed and Patrick let go of you so you could both swim back up. The water was freezing. You reach the surface and gasp for air.

   "Jerk!!" You laughed angrily hitting the water to splash him.

   "Got you down though, didn't I?" Patrick was laughing his ass off.

   "This water is freaking cold!!"

"Just start moving around! You'll get used to it..." Patrick chuckled as he leaned back to float.

           ( oh shit he's floating— JK JK)

You just playfully glared at him and started to swim around. The water warmed up and it helped that it was a warm night. There wasn't too many clouds in the sky, but just enough to make the sunset gorgeous. The sky was a dark peach color with darker splotches of red in some places.
   You swam for a half hour laughing and having fun and splashing each other. Up until Patrick smiled and quietly swam over to you.