22. Patrick's tunnel scene

(Y/n)'s POV
You wake up refreshed and excited to spend the day with Patrick. You go downstairs and pour yourself a bowl of cereal then take it back upstairs to your desk while you work on some homework before you meet up with Patrick. After a while you decide you've done enough for this morning. You start to get ready. You do your morning routine and put on one of your favorite outfits. A pale blue summer dress with a small simple daisy pattern along with regular black and white converse. It might get chilly later in the evening so you also threw on a simple half cut black leather jacket. You grabbed a small satchel/purse and put the strap over your shoulder as you go down the stairs. You tell your grandpa bye as you head out the door.
You walk along the sidewalk to the diner where your grandma works at (meeting spot). After walking for a bit you come across Belch's car parked to the side of a bridge. You cross the street and jog over to it meaning to say "hi". But as you get closer you realize they're not there. You look around to see if they were close and you come across a small dirt foot path leading into the woods. Thinking they might have gone this way, you check your watch for the time. You still have plenty of time before you're supposed to meet Patrick. Plus he might be with them anyway so you started on the path.
The sun beamed through many branches except for a few blind spots but overall it was a relaxing feeling to walk through. You only walked close to 5 minutes when you came to an opening at the side of the river. The sun was hitting the river making the water sparkle. A breeze blew by but it wasn't cold, it was soft and warm. A perfect summer day. You walked over to the water and squatted down sticking your hand in the chilling water.
As you were taking in the scenery, you started hearing voices in the distance. You look over to your left and notice a sewer tunnel. You flick your fingers removing the extra water and stand up deciding to check it out. You walk over to it and as you get to the entrance you find a familiar lanky figure.

Patrick's POV.
Patrick slowly walks over to the tunnel entrance.

He quietly whispers "gotcha." Referring to Ben.

As he steps over to the tunnel, he pulls out his can and starts to shake it. He moves some vines out of his way as he goes in. As he walks through the sewer water he hears sounds coming from farther in the dark tunnel.

"I hear ya, tits..." he mocks "Ben" as he switches on his zippo lighter.

Once again he held his light under his spray can and sprayed away, lighting his was as he went deeper and deeper through the tunnel. Then he started to hear giggling as he got to a multiple split way.

"Don't think you can stay down here all damn day now..."

Then he heard more giggling. Patrick was about to turn down one of the tunnels, losing all sight of the entrance; the way he came, but then he suddenly heard a voice from behind him making him jump a little.

"Patrick?"

Patrick quickly turned around to see (y/n) standing on a rock at the entrance, not daring to step into the filthy water. He walked over to her with a confused smile.

"Hey!! Whatcha doing here?"

"I could ask you the same!" She chuckled before slightly scrunching her nose. "Patrick why are you in...the sewer?"

"Oh! Uh, I was..." Patrick hesitated trying to think of an answer. "I was just messing around with my lighter." He held up the zippo and spray can.

"What's the can for?" (Y/n) pointed.

Patrick smiles. "Wanna see a cool trick?"

"Yeah sure!" (Y/n) gave a curious smile.

"Okay!" Patrick stepped closer.

He gently grabbed her shoulders and moved he to the side so she wasn't in the way of harm. Then he held up the lighter and can and made a huge flame. (Y/n) let out a gasp before her eyes lit up with excitement.

"Woah! That's so cool!!" She laughed.

"Right?" Patrick looked at the girl's skin as it glowed from the fire. He then stopped and walked back to her.

"But let's get out of here, it's giving me the creeps...plus it smells."

"Yeah you're right. Let's go." He laughed in agreement.

While they both walked away from the tunnel, neither of them heard the sinister giggle that lingered deep within the tunnel.