Like a Virgin: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Just think about this for a minute, Y/N. Just imagine if you were soulless. Everything good about you would be gone! You wouldn't care about babies and best friends!"

"If I were soulless, I would have left you in a heartbeat... and I wouldn't have looked back," you say in a low voice.

"Wow, thanks, Y/N," he scoffs, clearly hurt about your comment.

You're fucking pissed because all he wants to do is shove this down like he does with everything else while you want to actually deal with it to move on. It's one or the other, and you have to do Dean's way... once again.

"Look, you two can continue to bicker about this, but you have a case. Sam can stay here and sleep and you two can figure this out," your dad offers.

"Sounds good to me," you say angrily and head off to the car.

Dean just shakes his head and heads back inside to grab the bags you two packed just in case something came up while Sam was still playing comatose. He comes out of the house a few minutes later with a scowl. You're not making this any easier. He understands where you're coming from, and he's beyond pissed about this. He wants to bash in Sam's face for what he did to you.

When he saw Sam hold that gun to you, it was like he froze in fear. He suddenly saw a world without his daughter, and he got so angry that anything would threaten that. He missed out on the first one, and he wasn't going to let anyone take away this next one.

But this is Sam, and he knows what hell and trauma can do to someone. Sam wasn't right, and he was sick. Instead of focusing on the past, all he has to do is move forward. Sam is better, and he's not going to jeopardize his mental state for this. You're fine and the baby is fine, so why can't you move on? He knows this is taking a heavy toll on your body, but why can't you just let this one go? He can't lose his brother and you, so what else can he do to keep everyone in his life. He wishes he can take this pain away from you, because believe it or not, he hates it when you're in pain. It kills him.

Dean puts the bags into the trunk of the Impala and shuts it, walking over to the driver's side. You're on the passenger's side with a small frown.

"Is Sam still asleep?" your dad asks when he meets you two.

"Yeah, let him rest. We'll call him later."

"Call me from where?" Sam asks, popping up behind everyone.

"Great," you mutter.

"Oh. Uh, there's this thing in Oregon," Dean says slowly.

"Great, I'm in."

"Are you sure? Wouldn't want to damage that mind," you state. "A few more days of shit cable couldn't hurt."

"Right, because that's what you did when Dean got back from hell," Sam scoffs.

"Alright. You, me, Y/N, and Bobby."

"Oh, you three go on ahead. You got this covered. I, uh, forgot I promised that idjit Rufus I'd work the phones for him."

"Are you sure?" you ask, pleading with your eyes.

"Yeah. You three enjoy catching up, okay?"

"Wait, dad," you state and jog to catch up with him, leaving the brothers alone.

"Call me if you need me. I'm sorry, but I think it's best I stay here."

"I guess," you sigh.

"I worry about Sam. You'll be fine. Don't kill him just yet," he half-jokes and pulls you into a hug.