final a/n

This is it. Holy bejeesus. Writing this right now, it's 10:06 on a Tuesday, I just finished writing on a collab piece, and decided I should finish the epilogue and here I am. 42 chapters of actual writing and just over five months later, moral of the story is finished. It took me 313 pages and 130k words to get my act together, decide what I want to do with this book and actually complete something mediocre that I kinda like.

Looking back at the first chapters, I have to say they're absolute trash. And not gonna lie, my writing has had some serious ups and downs throughout this whole thing and boy am I sorry about that. However, I am not sorry about all the turmoil and death I have caused because I have planned it out for so long.

I cannot tell you how strange it was for me, finally seeing everything coming together, linking up little details and writing short scenes ahead of time. A few of those I actually didn't use, and something alirxi always does with her story is to include some stuff she was gonna put in, so I'll do that as well.

Cole was supposed to find a letter from his mum about Wu

This was not supposed to turn out the way it did when i started city of secrets with this as a side piece (old story, forget about it please) and was just supposed to be full of drama

There was supposed to be a prom, but I started killing people off

I loved the secret room thing but now I hate it

Master Chen was supposed to go to hospital and Skylor would blame Wu for it but...yeah

Harumi was actually supposed to go with the ninja (as I'll call them) to the monastery for bonding time with Lloyd

Not supposed to be a series, not at all lmfao

Gosh, I really don't know what to say. Oh, I'm not editing this book, and I'll tell you why. I'm very much aware that most of it is trashy and I should have edited a lot more between my chock full life, but I tried to do that and work on the sequel to city of secrets and that flopped so badly oh my gosh, but I really just don't have the time.

Which does lead me on to my next point. I know how crappy it is as a reader to find out the sequel of a book isn't coming out in a while, and I hate to do this to y'all but man I need a break. I got skipped up a year randomly, corona hit my country with a bus and my mental health hasn't been going swimmingly but everything at some point as to get better or Astra will hit karma with a bat.

So I'm taking a month hiatus off the Songs of Death series to plan out To Rule The World and to get some rest. But don't worry Ninjago readers, @Iva951 and I do have a Ninjago x Among Us collab that will start getting released soon so follow me for updates! Short chapters but big brains, you know? I also have a Christmas collab coming up for a totally different fandom (the medoran chronicles, which I recommend reading), adding to the load as well.

Not to mention I decided to do my IB personal project on writing my own story, but let's ignore that and party! Your girl finally got her crap together and we finished Moral Of The Story! I will upload the introduction, a/n and maybe a prologue for rtw in the next week or so, so follow me to keep updated!

In case you need even more Ninjago content check out my oneshots! I'll be posting on my conversations page to update you guys on the sequel. so please do interact with me I need to practice socialisation again.

And finally I have so many people left to thank - you guys. When I started this story as a side piece (haha funny) it was something to bounce off when I wasn't working on another WIP. One day, when maybe ten chapters had been released, it had blown up (kinda) on ao3. At least, it had for my results. I finished City of Secrets a while later, still uploading chapters while this au expanded, my planning got better and i was getting all these little details and stories together. Then I decided to drop COS, and focus completely on Moral of the Story.

And here I am, 5k reads later with a crackhead plot and terrible planning, but with you guys commenting it kept my motivation going. I don't honestly reply to a lot of comments - I'm hella busy atm, but I want you to know I love everyone one of you for seeing this story through to the end, and every vote, every comment and every read makes me happy to see. And I know it may not seem like I care, but every comment means so much.

See y'all in one month in To Rule The World, Songs of Death #2.

-dommie out