epilogue

kai

Bedrest sucked.

Also, being stabbed sucked.

"Water, Smith?' Offered a glowering man who went by the name Joker. He openly hated Kai, but it was okay because he hated pretty much every teenager who was in the medwing right now.

"Thanks," Kai rasped, wincing as he slowly moved himself up to a sitting position. "How is everyone else doing?"

"Your girlfriend Skylor—"

"She's not my girlfriend."

"—your friend Skylor should be walking about by today. Nearly a week since they went...you know, but Obi's the one who really monitors elemental healing." Joker placed a plate with an omelette and some salad on his overbed table along with a cup of water. "Cole and Zane should be up at the same time as your friend, but Jay and Nya are still having their lungs looked at. Lloyd is already running around." Joker shook his head with an exasperated sigh. "Your dad, um, should be finished healing about the same time as you."

"So three weeks?"

"Bloody elemental healing, yes, three weeks Smith. Have a somewhat reasonable day."

"Thanks, I guess." Kai muttered, and began eating slowly. He swore as his pinkie lit itself on fire and it caught onto the edge of his napkin. He pushed the overbed table to the side and leant back in the pillows. Kai kept his gaze straight ahead for the door. Waiting for someone to come in.

Who he was waiting for was a good question.

It was frustrating being stuck in bed when he was itching to get outside and do anything. His injury wasn't fatal, but it had punctured his liver and he bled. A lot. His friends hadn't come by at all, Lloyd once or twice, but they were mostly confined to their own beds. Kai stared up at the ceiling morosely. These days, all alone, his thoughts were turning guilty quickly. He felt somewhat bad of the quick assumptions he'd made that had turned out to be wrong.

Still, he wanted revenge.

He wanted to see Harumi scream for what she'd done.

None of his friends even remotely liked her in the slightest, he was sure of that.

So no one would be sad. No one would mourn her, because Harumi had nothing to lose. Nothing she cared about. She was an artificial image, stone cold and relentless. If she had a weakness, Kai would find it.

nya

"Cafeteria?" Nya asked, hopping up from her chair and ignoring the soreness all over her body. Jay nodded and they set off quietly, her hand in his as they walked.

"Two bowls of tomato soup please. Oh, and bread." Jay said hoarsely, his voice still shaky. More so than hers. They collected their food and sat down at a table, wolfing down the food along with the side of bread. Nya flexed her fingers before she picked up her cup of water, determined not to have it swirl out of her reach.

Their elemental powers had done a 180 on them, from going to absolutely nothing at all to everything at once. Garmadon said it was because it had been bottled up inside of them for such a long time that it was boiling over. Anytime she touched or went near water it either sloshed away or towards her eagerly and it was getting annoying. Mostly because she was trying to ignore her powers after she saw the aftermath of the last battle.

Skylor, Jay and Nya's combined efforts with the water-lightning tactic had trashed the city in a soaking, electrocuted mess for over a week. The tripled power behind the shockwaves had nearly cleaved a building clean in half. But Wu was already fixing this, spry to contain the damage and have Ninjao return to his picturesque image as soon as possible.