[26] you're boomerist, kid

skylor

Assuming they weren't about to be kidnapped, murdered or enslaved upon reaching the principal's office, Skylor wasn't too worried. She excused herself gently, prising her arm from Liam's grip and pecking him on the cheek as goodbye.

Yes, Liam, her boyfriend of two dates. It had happened so fast after their movie on Sunday night - again Harumi had helped her with makeup and clothes and she found herself slightly enjoying being pampered and dressing up. It wasn't like they were getting married but Liam's odd possessiveness was getting on her nerves.

When she'd left the table and Kai had followed, Liam had jumped up with a glare in his eyes. Chad told him to calm down and sit back down and Skylor left, dragging her fingers through a tangle in her pin-straight hair, courtesy of a hair straightener. Normally wavy, it felt a lot lighter bouncing on her shoulders as she hurried to the office.

Kai's footsteps echoed hers as they passed by the library and their lockers on the way there. Tugging at the uncomfortable tube top she was wearing, Skylor paused to check her reflection in the glassy reflection. A touch up of mascara and a swipe of lip gloss completed the natural look Harumi insisted suited her. And speaking of the mayor's daughter, Skylor wasn't sure if she knew what her opinion on Harumi was.

She'd been nice for the week Skylor had been spending more time with her, giving her advice on Liam, how to act and dress now she was friends with them. Her tangent of thoughts stopped when she arrived at the office. Nya, Jay, Lloyd, Pixal and Zane were already there. Cole showed up just as her phone buzzed with a five second warning, breathless and a...Ninjago High Dance Team bag slung over his shoulder?

"Does anyone know why we're here?" she said finally, cutting the awkwardness.

Everyone shrugged simultaneously just as the next notification pinged from all of their phones.

unknown number: come in

It was a cowardly moment in which all eight of them looked to a different person in hopes that they would dare to turn the knob. It ended up being Pixal who took one for the team, opening the door as the others waited in a huddle behind her. All they found was Principal Wu sitting behind his desk, a wise smile turning to bemused as their expressions.

"Come in, come in." Skylor shuffled in behind Cole, toying with the tips of her hair anxiously.

"I'm sorry, you're unknown number?" spluttered Jay.

"Yes?" Wu said, confused. "Did you not expect it to be me?"

Jay scrambled for words. "Well, I just uh, I didn't think that someone as..."

"Old, as you, could." Kai supplied, and Skylor resisted the urge to whack him over the head. Wu didn't seem peeved and only poured himself a steaming cup of tea.

The eight of them fidgeted on the spot restlessly as Wu finished his tea. Skylor was watching the clock, and they'd just passed fifteen minutes into the class they should have been in. Wu prepared another cup for himself, setting the blue teapot down and stirring the matching teacup. His desk was immaculately organised. Exactly three pens in the cup holder, the few papers stacked neatly and an ancient computer took up one corner. A small potted bonsai tree provided the pop of colour against the oak desk, accompanied by a forest green armchair.

Wu picked up a sheet, scanned it, and then put it down with a frown. Clasping his hands together, he finally diverted his attention back to them.

"I can safely assume that you are all wondering why you are here." His eyes scanned the room and Skylor wondered if the room had dropped a few degrees as a chill struck her back, forcing her upright. "Some of you may already know." His gaze landed on Cole and Zane. Both remained stoic, but something flickered across Cole's features.