[25] and they were roommates (but siblings, idiot)

astra

"You don't need surgery,"

"Lovely," Astra commented dryly. In truth, it was lovely. Doctors and hospitals and anything medicinal freaked her out.

"But you will need a cast and splint for your leg."

"Lovelier."

Joker dropped his clipboard to the table with a rattle and rubbed at his temples. "Honestly, how did Troya find you? Kids are insufferable and a blight on this world."

Astra laughed to herself. Joker worked with adults - or teens borderline adults from the few other patients she had seen stumble in and hated kids with a passion. Obi saw to more of the general practice aspect and Joker specialised in...whatever it was.

"Stop squirming, hold still and don't complain when I do it."

"Do what?"

"This."

"OW! Holy crap dude, what the hell—" There was now an IV connected through her arm, and her eyes were lazily drooping close. "Did you give me like, a sedation med or something?" A rude yawn escaped her mouth.

He ignored her. "Oh no Joker! I can't do Rea's leg! You'll have to do it!" Joker mimicked Obi's voice poorly in a high pitch imitation of pure annoyance, waving his hands around for extra effect.

"Alright you imp, listen up. I'm going to do what's called a closed reduction, which means I'll be applying pressure to get your bone back into place. Don't give me shit about it hurting because you are on pain and sedation meds right now."

"Cooooooolio." she flashed him a double thumbs up, and promptly passed out stone cold.

She woke to a not nice throbbing in her lower leg and found herself looking at a slim cast running from her upper thigh down over her foot. It was a lot thinner than what she'd expected and it was that sort of annoying soreness you could push to the back of your mind. Her arms - with what little strength they had - pushed her up in the chair to a more comfortable position. The IV cord pulled along with the movement.

The door opened and Astra flinched at the loud noise. Luckily, it wasn't Joker here to complain about kids, rather Obliterate with a familiar clipboard.

"All good?" she asked with a kind smile. Astra nodded, tapping on the cast gently.

"When can I get out of this?"

"So while you were passed out, we took some tests using your blood and whatnot, ran some scans and found that you young lady, have a very interesting immune system. Your innate and adaptive systems work at twice the pace of the average human's when they use their natural killer cells or antibodies. Because of this, you've seen outer evidence that your leg is healing very quickly, which means I've estimated your recovery period with the cast on should be about...three weeks."

Her eyebrows rose with surprise and Obi nodded her affirmation. "I only know one person with an immune system that strong and fast, alas I'm afraid I can't continue my investigation into that. People here get injured far too often for me to have any spare time and Joker is grumpier than ever. Anyways, after that you'll get a brace to go around your knee and then some physio to keep the muscle and ligaments around it strong."

Astra pursed her lips. "I have school tomorrow..."

Obi laughed heartily. "Oh honey, you're part of the gang now. I don't think school is very high up on the priorities of training you."

"But...maths?" she tried weakly, secretly cheering to herself.

The GP chuckled again. "Destroyer is gonna come talk to you about all that in five minutes. Relax for a sec hon, I just need to give you a quick check up."