[40] mid term finals : exam one

skylor

A face she'd known as wise, kind, trustworthy.

A face that had guided her through struggling with her power.

A face she'd trusted above all things.

A face that was a twisted liar.

No.

"Some of you know him better as Principal Wu, a man of wise words and advice." Morro's lips thinned into the barest of smiles. "You may have recalled that we mentioned elemental masters. Legends, among us, of saviours strong and powerful. But you see, only some of the elements are truly good." Morro nodded to Wu, and stepped out of frame.

Wu ran his fingers through his beard thoughtfully. "When I was a boy, I was taught that there are two sides to power. Dark, and light, good and bad, yin and yang. The same applies to the elements that once protected us. But long ago, my father, the First Spinjitzu Master saw that some elemental powers were being abused. That they were being taken advantage of, used for conquering cities. I do admit, I have my own power. But it is of light, and joy, creativity and inspiration. These rogue elements, I hate to say, have resurfaced. Some of the wielders I have helped achieve balance within, but there are still elemental masters out there."

Us. He's talking about us.

"These masters are bent on destruction and using their great gifts for something dark. Power manifests itself in strange people, so be warned, my subjects, of the naivety they may possess." Wu looked to the camera and produced a single sheet of paper, clearing his throat.

"Kai Smith, Master of Fire. Nya Smith, Master of Water. Lloyd Garmadon, Master of Energy. Zane Julien, Master of Ice. Cole Brookstone, Master of Earth. Jay Walker, Master of Lightning, and Skylor Chen, Master of Amber."

His eyes conveyed nothing but total seriousness and care, dark but with desire. To others, citizens who wouldn't know better, they'd believe him. He spoke with such conviction, and with a wise, knowing edge, but not one that made him seem above everything.

"We must find them. I am reluctant to use the power of my role so quickly," Oh I bet you are, "But we must find them. At six-thirty tonight, the Hunt will begin. Police forces will be sweeping the city, alongside my own troops. You must be thinking, this old man is positively crazy to have claim to the throne!"

Her eyes narrowed in hatred. Wu, Wu of all people!

"I can assure you, that as the son of the First Spinjitzu master, creator of this world, that I have the right to lead my wonderful people. But to lead you, and protect you, we must rid the city of these rebellious elementals. I have forged an alliance with the Serpentine Gang to help us hunt down our enemies. It must be known that my brother, the leader of the Sons of Garmadon will try to stop us."

"For your safety, I would suggest staying inside during the Hunt, but if you would like to assist us in the final stages of purging this city, you are very much welcome. I can see no finer city to help prosper, Ninjago. I hope that we, together, as the people who speak for the greater good, are ready to begin a new era in which Ninjago is reborn."

The screen went black.

The cheering began slowly, and a low hum in the distance, before it rose in volume and ferocity, cheers turning to chants of support, stamping and bellowing following it. Skylor double checked the locks on the windows of her tiny home and retreated to her bedroom. She needed to find her friends - they'd been publicly called out, for goodness sake!

Her father would be safe here with all the guards and security, and if anything he'd retreat to the bunker they'd used to play hide and seek in years ago. Now it had actual use, if Clouse had been stocking the supplies it. Skylor knew she could rely on Clouse to keep everything in order at home.