[34] yes lloyd, we get it. you have trust and daddy issues

lloyd

Why was he replying to her again?

harumi.brassard: do you want to get froyo after school

Did he? Because this totally wasn't a date. They barely talked to each other in school, and Harumi definitely wasn't the reason he'd been falling asleep at three am in the morning leaving Instagram open on her goodnight messages.

lloyd_g: sure. what time?

harumi.brassard: four? i can get my dad's driver to take us there

lloyd_g: uhhh. I don't think its a good idea for your dad to know youre hanging out with the son of his number one pain in the backside crime dealer

harumi.brassard: don't worry garmadon, ill handle it. Just wait for me outside school by the main entrance.

lloyd_g: fine. its on your head

harumi.brassard: have some faith lloyd. ive done this before you know.

lloyd_g: what? hang out with a crime lord's son?

harumi.brassard: no. being the daughter of the mayor isnt exactly all flashing lights and pretty smiles. its pretty hard being perfect all the time. Believe it or not, this isn't all natural.

lloyd_g: i guess we're more similar than i thought

harumi.brassard: four pm sharp, garmadon. otherwise i'm leaving without you

lloyd_g: gee thanks, rumi

read

Oh god. Had he messed up calling her Rumi? The nickname had just stuck with him since they were past the last naming teasing. At least he was, anyway.

harumi.brassard: rumi?

Okay, he could still save this and not have her destroy his flimsy non-existent reputation at school.

lloyd_g: you know. harumi. rumi

harumi.brassard is typing...

harumi.brassard: i like it. just don't tell anyone else to call me that.

lloyd_g: ok?

harumi.brassard: ill figure out a nickname for you soon garmadon. your last name is way too long to type out.

Lloyd laughed to himself, hiding the blush of his cheeks by tugging on the drawstrings of his hood, using the concealment to sneak a glance at Harumi. She was sitting at the end of the popular lunch table, a curtain of straight bleached hair separating her from the rest allowing her to stare at her phone.

His gaze slid to assess the other kids sitting next to her. Brittney was practically sitting on Kai's lap, though he kept trying to push her off subtly. Chad was talking to some other girls while Liam and Skylor seemed to be in a snappy argument drawing attention from tables nearby.

The cafeteria gabble was interrupted when a blonde kid pushed through the middle, half carrying a thin dark-haired girl who was bleeding from nicks all over her body. Everyone went silent and gaped, even the self absorbed narcissists turned their heads at the strange sight.

Then a boy with a big canvas and a girl wielding an avocado stood up, the latter yelling out, "Hey! Eyes back in your heads people, keep eating."

They quickly hurried out after the limping duo, a smaller, ice blonde kid scurrying to follow. Zane half stood up to call out when they all realised that it was Evan who went after them.