[6] Free noodles, am I right?

cole

Nothing would keep him from his noodles. It also helped that Skylor had given him a heads up and enough time to plan out what to do. He checked his phone for the third time in two minutes, expectantly tapping a sneakered-foot on the ground with a slight frown on his face. Where was Pixal? It wasn't that hard to show up on time, was it? He decided to go into the branch of Chen's they'd agreed to meet in and get a table. Open hours lasted from seven thirty to twelve, meaning, they'd need to be the very last customers while the shop was open in case Chen ended it at midnight. With the knowledge of the day that the deal was ending, but not the time, at least one of them would have to be in the restaurant during the whole span of the business hours. He'd crossed out the first few hours because Chen would choose the last person when there was absolutely no one in the store, but that was when the eight of them came into play.

Ten thirty to midnight was exactly thirteen and a half hours. One hour and forty two minutes each on a shift to eat at Chens. That was before he'd convinced those with parents to drag them in. Nya and Kai's parents were out of town as always, Ed and Edna were free, as was Dr Julien (Zane insisted his father needed the food), Lloyd's mother, Misako was spending her lunch break from the museum there, Skylor's father ran the business, so that was a no go, Mr Borg was too busy developing the latest tech, and well, Cole's father was not available.

Probably performing somewhere.

His phone buzzed and he immediately unlocked it, only to groan at the title of the notification. Ninjago High Dance Team! We are looking for new members... From his father, of course, the email forwarded from the school administrator. He had considered, multiple times, hacking into the school database to get his father off the email list, but he had better things to do. Like yell at his friends. With the addition of parents, only a time period of one hour and ten minutes should be needed so it really wasn't too much to ask them, really. And if they won, everyone would get free noodles.

Yes, he had spent last night figuring this out instead of studying for his maths test next week. Priorities.

"OhmygoshI'msosorryI'mlate!"

"S'okay Pix," he turned to the panicking girl to point at the clock. "Ten thirty on the dot anyway. You should be done by eleven forty. Zane'll come in and take your place."

Pixal nodded and drew her phone from her purse, the latest BorgPhone, because, well, her dad was Cyrus Borg. "See you at eleven forty!"

pixal

Pixal had her eyes trained on the clock face on her BorgWatch, idly twirling the very last, short strands of her noodles around her chopsticks. Five more minutes, and she'd be out of here. She got up to pay her bill as the nine shifted to a zero. The cheapest meal was a very reasonable price, and one a lot of families purchased, she'd noticed. Pixal didn't have much else to do in the restaurant, and had spent a good portion of her hour and ten minutes assessing every person that walked through the door.

"Six-fifty please," The cashier boy smiled politely at Pixal and held out the machine so she could tap her card on it. The transaction went through with a reassuring ping, just as she caught Zane entering the shop.

"Right on time,"

"It seems appropriate, considering Cole would kill me if I did not complete this task."

"Not true," Pixal countered, her hand slipping into his.

Zane pointed to where a very tense Cole was pacing outside in a black singlet and shorts, rapidly talking to someone on the phone. He looked like he was about to explode. "Point proven."