[3] Who's the poncy prick now?

lloyd

Lloyd wanted to give his uncle a good ol' slap in the face. His last-minute decision as headmaster to have school continue for the day, when he and his friends had already planned an epic afternoon and morning.

"I still don't see why," he grumbled to his mother as they locked the apartment door behind them. Most of the power in Ninjago had come back on, and oh so luckily for him, the school was back too.

"Your uncle just wants what's best for your education. For all of you." his mother reasoned, retying the green scarf she always wore. "And you've skived off plenty of times Lloyd."

"But still." he insisted, hopping into the front seat of their beat-up Toyota. "We could just have the day off!"

The pair spent the thirty minute ride through traffic half-heartedly arguing as to why school should or shouldn't be cancelled. When his mother pulled up to the steps of Ninjago High, he leant over and hugged her tightly, forgetting their argument already.

"You're staying after school?" Misako confirmed with worried eyes as her parental instincts kicked in.

"Yeah, just for a little bit. I have my phone, and yes find my phone is on." Lloyd reassured her, closing the car door. "Love you."

"Love you too Lloydie-bear."

"Mum." he groaned, spinning around to find Nya grinning madly.

"Lloydie-bear?" she chortled. Lloyd rolled his eyes pushed her ahead of him so he could walk to the entrance.

"Are we going to Chen's Noodle House after school or tomorrow?" he asked, toying with the green strings of his hoodie.

"Tomorrow," entered a familiar voice. Cole walked beside Nya to Lloyd's left, headphones around his neck. "That's when the deal ends and we will be the last to eat."

The three of them laughed as they pushed their way through the crowd to get to their lockers. Somehow, they managed to wrangle lockers next to each other in a practically abandoned corridor, namely because the library was around the corner and nobody went that way. An extraordinary discovery on the part of Cole and Lloyd. On the furthest end, closest to the library was Zane, followed by Pixal and then Nya, Jay, Cole, Lloyd, an empty locker, and then Kai. He was busy putting away his homework folders and textbooks that must have weighed about ten kilos each when someone stumbled into him.

"Oh, hi Skylor." he greeted, his mood still dampened by the continuation of school.

"Wish the power outage had lasted longer too?" she grinned, a backpack slung on one shoulder and a lock-in one hand. "I am in the right place?"

"Yeah, locker eighty-three is next to mine." after a short pause, he asked his next question. "How come you're moving lockers?"

With a sigh, Skylor struggled with her lock for a few seconds and then it popped open. "The principal came and told me that someone needed my locker for extra space."

Lloyd scoffed in response and locked his lock, narrowly missing locking in his fingers as well. Skylor was placing her books on the top shelf when a red blurry figure fell back into her.

"Oh sh—" Kai stood up and handed her the fallen book. "Sorry about that." he smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck.

Skylor mumbled something incomprehensible under breath, climbed out of where she had been pushed into her locker awkwardly, and cursed loudly as she looked at her locker. Lloyd stood on his toes to peer in to find that the back of her locker had disappeared. What was even more curious was the faint outline of a room behind the wall. All eight of the lockers were pushed up against the wall and drilled in with metal sheets as the backing.