[9] Breaking into school >> homework

pixal

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, her green eyes flashing back at her in the mirror's reflection. Adjusting the purple hair tie holding her hair up in a high ponytail, Pixal twisted around to check her clothes. Before anything happened, she wanted to set the record straight. What they were about to do was terrible. Like, really terrible. She wasn't sure why she was doing this, but Pixal had always been pegged as 'the Quiet One'. For once, she wanted to do something bad. Reckless. Rowdy. So, she'd watched hundreds of break-in movies, as well as heist and high school movies to get ready for the most dangerous thing she'd do in her life.

Ergo, she was wearing all black. A turtleneck that sort of felt like it was choking her neck, but it looked cool. Plain black leggings, which, unfortunately, owned no pockets, but she made up for that by purchasing a pretty darn cool utility belt, also in all black.

"Dad, I'm leaving now!" Her boots barely made a sound, the soles grippy but quiet as she waited for the lift to reach the bottom level. A con of living in BorgTower, there were a lot of floors, which meant she spent a lot of time in the lift. Her father had moved a chair in there for her to sit in when she felt like passing out, even though he didn't really need it. Today she's remembered to take her iron tablets though, so she would be fine. Her father was confined to a wheelchair, disabeled since birth, but Pixal didn't think it changed anything. He had crazy ideas to improve things he'd already improved, to invent and develop technology that didn't exist, and so much more she often forgot that he was on wheels.

Cyrus Borg had adopted Pixal when she was three. She didn't remember anything before that really. The days in the orphanage blended together in one big blur of grey and beige and stone walls. BorgTower had become her home two days after she'd turned three, and she could remember waddling in on chubby legs, staring in awe at the mile-high glass walls, gaping with a two-tooth gap at the robots whizzing around casually.

She knew she wanted to take Borg Industries even further, and she liked to believe that she really was her father's daughter, blood or not.

"Okay Pixal, just have your phone with you at all times, go to the bathroom in twos, have a good dinner with your friends, text me when you get to the mall, when you leave—"

"Alright, I got it!"

She swung out of the revolving door, a skip in her step as she walked down to the train. Ninjago High, get ready for an eight-student break in.

Then it hit her. She was breaking into her school.

Pixal then proceeded to have a very quiet panic attack the whole ten minutes it took for the train to stop near Ninjago High. Maybe she should have started off with something small, like shoplifting, but that was just as bad too. Where was the inbetween from breaking into school and living a peaceful life as a law abiding citizen?

The air was cool and brisk in the evening, the autumn-tinted trees outside the school swaying in the wind to invisible music. There were little to no cars, the remaining ones probably late parents picking up their kids from practice. Ninjago High was a humongous campus, and quite large seeing as the majority of the city and kids outside attended the school. Sandstone and smooth stone, pillars of white concrete and the massive steps leading up to the front entrance. They'd organised to meet behind the school where the bike parking was, so Pixal tried to act inconspicuous (most of the movies she'd watched involved bank break-ins, and right now, those seemed easier than acting casual in all-black clothing).

Kai and Cole were already there, standing by Cole's beaten pick-up truck, the open cargo area holding a bulky object which she assumed was the arcade game covered with a moth-eaten cloth tarp. There was also a bunch of other stuff lumped around it and in the passenger seat. Nya showed up a minute later, standing by Cole's side with a nervous look on her face as she jumped from foot to foot. Zane and Jay walked into soon after, leaving Lloyd and Skylor to show up.