[7] One secret spilled, how many to go?

skylor

It was almost like Cole was mourning the loss of his noodles. She felt bad for him, of course, but she was constantly eating noodles at home so it didn't seem to be a bad loss for her. Kai was the next affected, probably because the boy was so lazy. The others were a bit miffed at Cole for wasting their time and losing to an arguing couple, but in the end they ended consoling the poor boy the second they arrived at school.

"I'm so sorry Cole, I should've warned you about the fine print, my dad is sneaky with literally everything." Skylor apologised to Cole with a quick hug. She wasn't one for physical affection.

"Yeah, you should have." snapped Kai from behind Cole, wearing his red jacket, a back pack over his shoulder. Skylor internally scowled. Why had he done a complete 360 in attitude since she'd last seem him?

She then noticed that Nya was wearing the exact same jacket with stripes of white, the piece mainly made of red. Cole was also wearing it, but instead of red, it was yellow, and Lloyd's green one was slung over his back.

"What are those jackets?"

"Oh, those are our letterman jackets, Sky." explained Nya. Lloyd held his out for her to examine. "We all got them at the start of the year, so I guess you haven't gotten yours yet."

"They're different colours because they represent our houses. You also get a black one for sports teams, but we only wear them for games and stuff." continued Cole, tugging on the lapel of his yellow jacket.

"I heard about the houses, but they haven't put me in one yet. I actually have an appointment for that at lunch." Skylor said with an excited smile which fell shortly after. "Except the office didn't tell me what the houses actually were."

"No problem," Jay jumped in, guiding her up the stairs. "Let's start with the Dragons. They're the ones with the red jackets, basically the brave idiots or the Gryffindors, hey!—" He received a gentle slap on the arm from Nya on the other side of him. "Then the Serpents, who wear green, like little Lloyd here, are the Slytherins and are cunning, I guess, I dunno why thy put Lloyd in there." Jay's remark about Lloyd sounded passably sarcastic, although there was a hint of truth there. He paused, whispering, "Probably 'cause of his dad, you know?"

Skylor shook her head with a confused expression, to which Jay responded, "I'll tell you at break. Anyways, the Sphinxes are the brainiacs, Ravenclaw, obviously, like Zane and Pixal over there," the two waved at Skylor and Jay continued babbling. "Then there's Pegasi, for example, me! We wear yellow and are obviously the best house—"

"DRAGONS FOR THE WIINNNNN!" bellowed Kai suddenly, sending Skylor three feet in the air. Now that she looked around, she noticed a lot of the student were wearing their jackets. The ones in red slowly began a loud chant echoing Kai.

"DRAGONS. DRAGONS! DRAGONS!"

"Ignore them," sighed Jay. "So barbaric. Anyways, those are the four houses. Then, at the end of your first year with your jackets, you get to choose your secondary house." He pointed to a few older students, focusing on the stripes on their shoulders, two on each side, except the furthest one on the right hand side was a different colour. "Most people choose the house they wanted to get when they came and make their decision ages before they choose their stripe."

They walked through a ginormous crowd and pushed through towards the library, arriving at their lockers.

"All of our sports and school events mean your have to compete with your primary house, but you're allowed to sneak your second house if you want to as well."

"What are you choosing?"

"Sphinxes, definitely." Jay answered confidently.

"I'm choosing Dragons." piped up Cole, sticking his head around Lloyd. "Lloyd hasn't decided yet."