Chapter XI

(Brad's POV)

His heart's beating faster than usual. Julie is in a hospital, and he has no idea why.

Was it because of what happened between him and Daniel? Because if so, he won't be able to forgive himself.

While he was driving, it felt as though time was running too slow. Sa bawat pagkakataong binibigay sa kanya ay pinapaharorut niya ang sasakyan more than the advisable speed.

He is more worried about her than his own safety. In his mind, he will never forgive himself if anything bad happens to her.

He thought of what happened that day. Na-trigger siya sa mga salitang binitawan ni Daniel.

"Well, can't blame if I'm better than you at almost everything." Daniel was smirking while looking at him.

He only happened to pass by where Daniel and his friends were staying.

"Sa bagay. Ano ba ang aasahan mo sa lalaking 'yan? Not to brag but I guess, what he only has is his good looks. Nothing more."

In his mind, ayaw na niya itong patulan. But his memory suddenly went to what happened a year ago.

"So you can't blame me if ako ang pinipili ng mga kung sino mang gusto niya. He can't even possibly be a poor second. He will never be worth anyone's choice."

Nagtawanan pa ang mga kakumpulan nitong mga kabarkada.

For him, that was the last straw. Naglakad siya patungo sa harap nito mismo at taimtim itong tinitigan.

"Oh yeah? Naaalala mo pa yung babaeng pinili ka a year ago pero binasura mo?"

Natigil sa paghahalakhak ang mga kasama ni Daniel.

All of a sudden, napakawalan niya ang isang malakas na suntok kay Daniel. That was how the rumble started.

Everything was hazy for him until he realized Julie was now in the middle of them and received the punch from Daniel that was supposed to be for him.

Nang makita niyang bumagsak sa ground si Julie ay mas lalo siyang nanggalaiti. His nerves went on overdrive, and he was no longer thinking of anything else but to crush the guy to the ground till he loses his breath.

It took seeing the face of his brother bago pa man niya tuluyang tinantanan si Daniel. He's pretty sure he damaged his face enough.

The next thing he knew, he was dragged towards his brother's office habang ni hindi na niya mahagilap pa si Julie.

He wanted to go to her and check if she was doing okay. But his brother never allowed him to get out of his office.

Sandamakmak na litanya ang natanggagp niya mula sa kapatid. He even called his parents para lamang makasali ang mga ito sa panggagalaiti sa kanya