Chapter XL

"Why did you kill them?"

"I didn't.."

"I saw the evidences Anton! It's you. You killed them. You jeopardized their cars so they'd get into an accident. Your girlfriend spilled everything to us. Why did you kill them?"

He's infuriated. Sa isip niya ay gusto niyang bugbugin ang lalaki hanggang sa malagotan ito ng hininga. He's been his worst enemy. The very person who has ruined him for sometime now. 

"Umamin ka na Anton!"

Then all of a sudden, his creepy laughter filled the entire room. He sat back on the chair still laughing. 

"That stupid bi**ch! I did everything with such care only to be jeopardized by that stupid whore."

"Stop calling her that Anton!"

"Bakit? Totoo naman di ba? They're all useless. Everything that I have worked so hard for is now thrown into the gutter. All because I allowed that woman to know my plans. My intentions. Now here we are."

"You weren't careful this time Anton. You should know that by now. Marahil ay dahil sarili nating mga magulang ang papaslangin mo. I wonder how long you thought about all of this."

"I didn't plan on killing them, I just had no choice. Hindi ko na sila nadadaan sa mabuting usapan. Imagine hearing them speak ill of me and the next thing I knew, they're leaving almost everything to you. The bastard of the Villaraza's! While I worked my ass off to make sure that I align with them, their plans, their motives! I did everything for them. Pero ikaw pa rin ang nagwagi. You weren't even fighting against me. I kept triggering you but you were too oblivious! And now, when I thought everything is going according to my plan, your wife, that stupid student of mine stepped in and saved you! You're weak Brad! Kahit kailan ay hindi ka matutong lumaban! You allow people to abuse you and that was what made me stronger."

It pained him to hear all of those words. He never thought of himself as weak. He only thinks he is full of flaws. But never weak. 

"So yes, aaminin ko na. I killed them, and I killed the Razons. After all, wala na rin naman yatang patutunguhan ang lahat ng ito. So go ahead, bask on this success bastard. Even if you don't deserve it."

Bago pa man siya mawala sa sariling katinuan, marahan na siyang tumayo. Everything is clear now. 

"By the way, ipaabot mo sa asawa mo ang congratulations ko. Clearly, that whore is the real winner here."

And those words just made him totally lose his sanity. 

Muli siyang humarap dito at dinaganan ito kasabay ang isang malakas na suntok. He could say anything against him. But he will never allow him to degrade her. His wife. 

Halos nabubulag na siya sa dugong nagsisimula nang pumuno sa mukha ni Anton.

He is not violent. But this time around, kaya niyang kalimutan ang lahat kung kinakailangan para lamang maipamalas sa kapatid ang itinitimpi niyang galit.

Nahinto lamang siya sa ginagawa nang mismong mga pulis na ang pumigil sa kanya.

As creepy as things were, Anton was laughing despite all the pain he has given him.

Tila naman siya nahimasmasan. He stared at the fresh blood in his fist coming from the punch he just continuously gave his brother. Hinid niya maintindihan ang sarili. He didn't feel that way when he learned of his parent's death and how Anton is discovered to be the one responsible. 

But just one insult from Anton towards Julie just made him revolt endlessly. Hindi na niya halos maramadaman ang sariling mga kamay. 

Halos hinahabol na niya ang sariling hininga nang unti-unti nang mag-sink in sa utak niya ang ginawa niya.