Chapter XXXVIII

In the next three days, Brad was fully occupied with the the funeral and the signing of the properties he inherited from his parents. As much as he hated learning the fact that his parents favored Anton against him, he needed to sign the documents needing his attention. 

He didn't really mind the huge discrepancy with the will. He managed to make it on his own. And luckily, the bar he owns and most of the investment he's made with his friends were paying off. He could not say he is very rich, but he knows he is wealthy enough to provide for his own and perhaps his family. 

After all the things he needed to work on, he'll need to get back to UPSTYLE and decide on giving the shares he has to Julie. He may not need it anymore. And she deserves to have it being na kompanya naman talaga ito ng pamilya niya and she is now his wife. 

He can start focusing on the bar and on his other ventures. 

That day, he received a call summoning him in the office. Attorney Almeda said that it was important. When he arrived, Julie was already in the room sitting at the edge of the long table. The seat on her left was occupied by Anton while the on on the right was empty. 

He assumed that was where he was supposed to sit. 

Napapahalukipkip pa siya habang dumadaan sa iba pang miyembro ng board. 

He noticed Daniel with a woman sitting beside him. If he's right, that was Jasmine. 

Nang tuluyan na siyang maupo ay unang nagsalita si Anton. 

"Dearest board members, I've personally called on this meeting to first and foremost, thank all of your for your concern for our parents. Truly, what happened is unexpected and Brad and I could not fathom the gratitude we have for all of those who checked on us every now and then and for those who were with us during the time of our grief. But as with any other times, life must go on. Today, I am here to contest the ownership of this company. Dahil sa akin ibinigay ng mga magulang ko ang lahat ng shares nila sa kompanyang ito, therefore, I have all the right to call for a fair voting of whoever shall serve as the CEO of this company."

He saw Julie smirk. 

Lahat ng mga sinasabi ni Anton was not making any sense to him. Wala siyang alam sa ginagawa nito ngayon. 

Anton looked really confident of what he was presenting. 

Nang tingnan niya si Julie ay halos hindi niya rin mabasa ang maaring iniisip nito. 

Ang lahat ng miyembro ng board na naroroon ay nagsisimula nang magbulungan. 

All throughout, walang namutawing salita mula kay Julie. 

It was then that Attorney Almeda stood up. 

"Before we proceed on deciding who should be leading the company, I'd like to inform everyone of the most recent changes that took place, bago pa mawala sina Mr. and Mrs. Villaraza. The changes pertain to the distribution of shares. As we all know, Anton Villaraza now owns 35% of the whole company. This was after both his parents has given him their shares. At the same time, Julie Faye Razon has previously withdrew some of her shares, leaving her with just 20% ownership of the entire company." 

He could literally heard everyone's gasp because of the news. Napalingon siya sa asawa na ni hindi man lang natinag sa mga sinasabi ng abogado. 

"As of the moment, Brad Villaraza has 50% ownership of the entire company."

Napahigit siya ng malalim na hininga. All of a sudden, the world seemed to have stopped. He turned to her and all he could see is her poker face. 

"No! That is not possible." halos namumula na ang mukha ni Anton sa panggagalaiti.