Chapter XVIII

It's almost Chloe's birthday. Ever since they saw each other, she and Daniel talked that day.

Nag-offer ito ng part time job para sa kanya sa coffee shop. She felt overwhelmed but she didn't have much of a choice. She needed it to make sure she can survive for the next months of her studies.

She never saw Brad again nor did she hear from him. She was too stubborn to reach out to him too.

May isang beses na napansin niya ito sa corridor but she stopped herself from getting near him.

So she decided on occupying herself with all the things she was doing in the coffee shop.

Daniel was awesome to her. Ni minsan ay hindi siya nito pinaburan sa trabaho. Something that she liked even more.

Ang pinaka ayaw niyang mangyari ay ang magkaroon ito ng favoritism.

The salary she's been receiving was enough for her daily allowances.

She's done her best to be even more frugal. She doesn't have enough in her savings para sa pagwawaldas.

She has been thinking twice about everything she buys and measured things based on her wants and needs.

She's still in her second year and she still has a long way to go. 

Miminsan ay nililibre siya ni Daniel kapag nagkakaroon ito ng pagkakataon. Hindi niya naman ito mapigilan dahil na rin sa hindi ito nagpapatanggi.

She was about to get out of her shift that day nang dumating ang karelyibo niya.

She was about her age and she knows that she too goes to the same school as her and Daniel.

"Buti nalang hindi pa ako late."

She smiled. Medyo tabingi pa ang cap nito dahil sa pagmamadali. Tinulungan niya ito'ng ayusin ang sarili.

"Thank you ha. Oo nga pala, Jasmine."

Inabot nito ang mga palad sa kanya. She's been there for almost a month now but she doesn't know everyone yet. Hindi niya kasi talaga ugaling maging pa-close sa kung kahit kanino.

"Walang problema."

"Nakakaloka naman kasi yung traffic. Kailangan ko kasing pumunta ng UK."

Biglang kumunot ang noo niya.

Napatitig naman ito sa kanya lalo na sa ekspresyon ng mukha niya.

"UK. Ukay-ukay?"

She heard of the term but she hasn't been to any.

"Naku. Dapat sumama ka sa akin one time. Mag-ukay tayo. Naghahanap kasi ako ng outfit para sa isang party kasama family ko. Eh wala na ako masyado'ng damit. Kaya nag-ukay ako sandali."

"Ahhh."

She was still clueless about what was going on.

"Naku dapat talaga sumama ka sa akin kahit one time lang."

"Did you say na pupunta ka sa isang party?"

"Oo eh."

"Kailan ba 'yun?"

"Mga two days from now."

She was deep in sudden thought.

"Baka may pwede ako'ng mapahiram sa'yo."

"Ha? Naku nakakahiya naman sa'yo. Wag na po."

She looked at her from head to toe.

"I'm sure magka-size lang tayo." tinantiya niya ang kabuoang sukat nito.