Chapter XXIII

She stood in front of the stage as the ceremony just finished. Brad's graduation just concluded, and she was waiting for him.

After the struggling months they've been through, he finally made it. Iilang buwan din silang nagsunog ng kilay na magkasama.

They had to do favors and be more creative with the teachers who failed him. Then finally, he saw his name on the list of graduates. Halos nagtatatalon itong kinausap siya. For the past few months that they've been studying together, Brad managed to purchase a mansion na galing sa profit ng Bar na negosyo nilang magkakaibigan. Often she's staying in there. She's become very good friends with Jasmine na ngayon ay kasama na rin niya sa loft. 

They have secretly built up their business of buy and sell specifically with clothing. Bagay na hindi pa niya halos nasasabi kay Brad dahil ayaw niyang mawala ang focus nito sa pag-aaral. She knew that the moment he would know about it ay gagawin nito ang lahat para makatulong sa kanya. 

So she decided to keep it a secret first. 

Today was his graduation, and she was ready to tell him of everything that she has done so far business-wise. Maya-maya ay tumunog ang cellphone niya. Just in time na kinawayan siya ni Brad. 

She grabbed her phone and answered it. 

"Hello?"

"Julie?"

"Attorney?"

"Yes it's me."

"Kumusta po? Napatawag ka?"

"I was meaning to call you. I needed to talk to you about something very important. Are you free?"

"Ahmm right now po, hindi pa po eh. But can we schedule it?"

"Sure. How's tomorrow? Lunch Time?"

"Sure, I'll be available."

"I'll see you then, itetext ko sa'yo kung sa'n tayo magkikita."

"Sure thank you po."

Just as she ended the call, nakalapit na si Brad sa kanya. 

"Hey! Who was that?"

"Yung attorney ni Daddy. He wanted to set-up a meeting."

"Tungkol saan?"

"I really have no idea. But I'll know about it by tomorrow."

"Well, I hope it's nothing serious."

"Hopefully. Well, congratulations!!!"

Mabilis niya itong niyakap. Tuwang-tuwa rin naman siya nitong iniangat sa mula sa lupa habang yakap-yakap din siya. Napatili pa siya ng iniikot-ikot pa siya nito.

"Oh.. I couldn't have done it without you."

"Well, you did the most effort. I was just there to help you out."

"Well, kahit ano pa man 'yun, you definitely helped alot." 

"Well, we have to go. Ihahanda pa natin 'yung mga pagkain."

They planned a simple celebration sa bagong bahay na binili nito. They's invited their closest friends and of course, Brad's family kahit pa hindi ito sang-ayon sa ideyang iyon. She insisted. To her, they at least deserve to know that he has graduated. 

As soon as they arrived in the mansion, the rest of their friends were already there. Banson and Michelle, Zac and Chloe and of course Gunner. Iilang saglit pa matapos nilang maghanda ay dumating naman ang pamilya ni Brad. 

His mother automatically hugged him and congratulated him on his graduation. His Father and Brother seemed a little unimpressed of the house, as well as with his achievement.