Chapter I

She tried her hardest not to shed a tear. Pinupuno ang buong paligid ng musikang nanggagaling sa club kung sa'n siya lumabas.

"Julie."

As soon as she heard that voice, she hurriedly entered the car that pulled a stop in front of her. As soon as she was inside, she didn't even bother to look at the man who was in front of the steering wheel.

"Kuya, pakibilisan nalang po."

"Miss..."

"Kuya sige na po. Naka pin naman dyan sa GPS ang location ko. Bilisan 'nyo na po pagdadrive."

"I think you're..."

Hindi pa rin siya nag-abalang tingnan ang lalaking nakatingin din sa kanya mula sa rearview mirror ng sasakyan.

"Okay."

She slumped down on the backseat staring at the man who was trying to look for her outside of the car. She closed her eyes and did not even bother for a minute. She was hoping that everything that happened was just a nightmare and that any moment from now ay magigising na siya.

She was not a bad woman. She thought to herself. Pero bakit lahat ng lalaking nai-involve sa kanya ay nag-papaka-entitled. They act as though they own her.

"Asshole." malakas niyang nasabi. But she didn't bother to open her eyes. Soon she succumbed to a deep slumber she didn't expect would no longer end.

As soon as her mind relaxed, she was taken into a beautiful beachfront. It was peaceful and serene. The sky was as blue as it could be. And the horizon was endless. She felt her feet get wet as the small waves were slowly creeping into the clear white sands. Slowly she walked further towards the sea where the waves would have their final ripple. She was wearing a white dress that reached up to her ankles. It was a Boho dress and her shoulders could feel the heat of the sun. She felt that she was happy. Ecstatic even. It was a different feeling. Unrealistic and felt too much of a dream.

She wanted to think that it was just like any of her reality where she always pretends that she's okay.

Ngunit maya-maya lang ang magandang langit ay biglang dumilim. Isang malakas na hangin ang umihip sa buong paligid. The waves of the ocean suddenly got angrier. All of a sudden tila gusto na siyang lamunin ng mga alon.

She tried to run. But the sands in her feet that were once so white ay tila naging itim na kumunoy.

She struggled to get out, trying to pull her feet from the quicksand that was about to devour her. In her current reality, she was shouting, fighting for her life.

Then all of a sudden, she opened her eyes and was gasping for air as she sat up. Bumungad sa kanya ang hindi pamilyar na silid.

It was a huge room with midnight blue paint. The furniture was very manly and minimalist.

Nang mag sink in na ang haka-haka sa isip niya, sinimulan niyanv kapain ang sarili. Was there anything missing?

She surveyed her arms, legs, and stomach. Trying to find out if there was any indication that she has been hurt or touched.

She sighed of relief when she realized na wala naman siyang galos o bugbog sa katawan.

She realized that her shoes were still on her feet. At least that was a good indication.

Maya-maya pa ay may pumihit sa pintuan ng silid. Bumungad sa kanya ang isang hindi pamilyar na mukha.

As if from reflex, she suddenly throws a pillow towards the man she just saw.

Natamaan ito sa mukha.

"What the heck!"

"Ano'ng ginawa mo sa akin?"

"Ano'ng ginawa? What do you mean?"

"Sino ka? Bakit ako nandito? Did you rape me? Kidnapper ka ba?"

"Ahhhh.... kailan ka nakakita ng kidnapper na kasing gwapo ko?"

"Excuse me? Ang angas mo naman magsalita."

"Oh, you're the one who's accusing me of being a rapist and kidnapper. Seriously, ganito ba ang mukha ng rapist at kidnapper?"

"Hoy! Anything is possible. Wag kang mag-inarte."

"Ako pa ba ang nag-iinarte? Ikaw na nga 'tong tinulungan, ikaw pa ang may ganang mambintang? Hindi kita type no. So please, kahit rapist man ako o kidnapper, hibdi kita papatusin kasi hindi kita type."

"Ala, ang choosy mo. Hoy, ang rapist at kidnapper hindi namimili. Ang kapal ng mukha mo. Ang ganda ko kaya."

"Sa'n banda? Aling angle? Kasi wala akong makitang maganda sa pagmumukha mo. Tsaka pwede ba, tapos na ang charity ko sayo. Umalis ka na kung iinsultuhin mo lang din ako. Ikaw na nga tong tinulungan, ikaw pa ang galit. Umalis ka na! Baka pag nagbago ang isip ko maging killer pa ako. Alis na!"

Mabilis siyang tumayo mula sa kamang kinahigaan. She grabbed her bag and proceeded on getting out of the door. Ngunit bago siya makalabas ay bigla itong sumigaw. 

"Hoy!!"

Nagulantang siya sa baritono nitong boses. She looked at him as he came closer to her with both his hands on his hips. 

"Ano? Ganun nalang kadali yun? Aalis ka na lang basta-basta?"

"What? Do you want me to pay for staying in your room for the night?"

"What? Alam mo, ganyan talaga kayong mga babae. Pagkatapos kayong pagmagandang-looban, kayo pa ang may ganang magpa victim."

"Ano ba'ng kailangan mo sa akin?"

"I need your number."

"What? Why do you need my number?"

"Because you owe me. At least man lang manlibre ka ng dinner or lunch."

"Ikaw? Magpapalibre? Eh mas mayaman ka pa sa akin eh."

"I know but you still owe me. At ang utang, dapat binabayaran. Kung hindi dahil sa akin, malamang ginahasa ka na kagabi. Bigla ka nalang sumasakay sa kung kani-kaninong sasakyan without even bothering to check if tama yung sinasakyan mo o hindi. Napagkamalan mo pa akong uber driver."

"You mean you're not?"

"That's it, give me your number."

Wala siyang nagawa kundi ang isulat ang cellphone number niya sa sticky note na ibinigay nito. As soon as she was done, mabilis na siyang naglakad pabalik sa pintuan. 

"Ooops. Wait."

Muli na naman siyang natigil. He grabbed his phone and dialed the number that was scribbled on the sticky note. He was staring at her up until her phone was ringing. 

She tapped on the answer button and stared back at him. 

"Happy?"

He grinned. "Very."

"Pwede na ako'ng umalis?"

"Yes, you can. Keep your lines open, dahil maniningil ako."

"Whatever."

She hurriedly got out of the room and out the house. The moment she saw a taxi, ay mabilis niyang itong pinara at agad na ibinigay ang sariling address. 

She sighed as relief started flooding her. Hopefully, that would be the last time she would see that man.