Chapter VI

The entire afternoon passed by, with the entire family talking about business. Surprisingly, Brad seemed to be more literate when it comes to business than she thought he was. 

For the entire time ay nagsasalita lamang siya kung tinatanong. Other than that, she chose to observe and listen to what everyone has to say.

The family for her was totally crazy, indirectly they go against each other, competing like lions in a mane.

Kahit ang kilala niyang professor ay competitive din pagdating sa opinion nito patungkol sa negosyo.

She felt like her head's getting dizzy and that she could no longer take all the jargon.

But she needed to keep it together. After all, she should look at this as an advantage. An opportunity she will never have.

"How about you Razon? You're taking HRDM right?"

Mabilis siyang bumaling sa kapatid ni Brad.

"Yes sir."

"No need for the formalities Julie. Nasa labas naman tayo ng school."

"Right."

"How do you plan to use your degree? If ever you graduate?" nakahalata siya ng pamimitas sa tono ng propesor. 

She looked at Brad who's browse seemed to furrow as well along with hers. 

"I.. plan on establishing my own business someday."

"What kind of business?" It was now Brad's mother who was asking.

"I have always been passionate about clothes. So I may be that."

"So there's no actual plan yet?"

She hesitated to answer the question. 

"Mom, we don't really have to do that."

"Well, if she ever becomes your wife and would be a part of this family, we need to know what's her plan. It needs to be solid."

"Well, she is not yet a part of the family and we are not yet on that level of conversation. What's the rush?"

It was his father now who butted in.

"Brad, whether she becomes a part of the family or not, we'd like to know."

"Gusto 'nyo lang malaman if I am choosing the right woman. You don't want anyone with a bad reputation or someone who would potentially ruin your reputation."

"Well, what's wrong with that?"

Brad stood up. Napalingon si Julie dito as his fist was clenching.

"Julie, let's go."

"Sa'n kayo pupunta? Hindi pa tayo tapos."

"No Dad, we're done."

Napilitan siyah tumayo mula sa kunauupuang bench. She hesitantly said her excuses to entire family and walked along with Brad. 

Maya-maya lang ay sakay na sila ng sasakyan nito. She's still hesitant to say anything. 

"You can speak up now if you like. Tayo'ng dalawa nalang ang nandito."

She shrugged. "I would not kno0w what to say anyway." 

"Busy ka ba today?"

"Hindi naman. But my parents might be looking for me."

"Good. Let's go to your house then. maybe I can have dinner in your house."

"Excuse me? Hindi pa tayo ganun ka close."