Chapter XXI

Brad, Benson and Gunner were busy drinking some beer and grilling nang dumating sina Zac and Chloe. They were holding each other's hands habang papalapit sa kanila.

As soon as they saw it, they started teasing both of them. Dagling humiwalay si Chloe kay Zac upang lumapit kina Michelle.

Zac automatically headed towards them.

"Ohhhhh!!"

Agad nila itong inabutan ng beer na magiliw naman nitong tinanggap.

"Congratulations bro." mabilis itong inakbayan ni Gunner. "You've finally managed to get the girl you really wanted."

"I hope you're serious about her." it was Benson.

"Of course I am. You guys know me. I don't play around. I love her. And I want to make her happy for as long as I can."

"You better. Dahil kung hindi, the four of us might be the very first one's who will turn our backs against you. She's a good woman. Para na rin nating kapatid. But you taking this big step might jeopardize this entire friendship that we have here. This is the best we've had by far outside of our circle. Take care of her Bro."

"I will you know I will." he boyishly smiled.

He noticed how Zac stared at Chloe from afar as she was shyly sharing what happened to her friends. Mabilis niyang sinubaybay ang tinitingnan nito. He saw how Julie was smiling from ear to ear, seemingly so happy for her friend.

"Well," he stood up, "Here's to you and Chloe. May you both survive the test of time, of Love and of Life!"

''Cheers!"

They continued teasing each other while he was stealing glances of her now and then.

In his mind, he is running scenarios of how to approach her. Alam niyang kasalanan niya kung bakit ito nagtampo. But he was never very good at pleasing someone, nor was he good at chasing them.

It took a month before they would see each other, and it was because of a coincidence.

He needed to take care of a few things himself and didn't even get the chance to go after her. It wasn't what he wanted, but he had to wait for the right time.

Iilang beses na rin ba siyang naging stalker just so he could see her.

He found out that she was now working for Daniel's family. Kahit gaano pa man siyang nanggagalaiti dahil doon ay wala siyang magagawa.

She stopped being his tutor, and he was MIA.

Now all of a sudden ay pinagtagpo silang muli. As though it was a sign for him to get his act together.

Soon enough, they were all gathering around the bonfire.

Gunner brought with him a guitar, and they started singing their guts out.

He was sitting just across her around the bonfire, every now and then stealing glances of her.

***

SHE LITERALLY just caught him glancing at her.

Hanggang kailan matatapos ang gabing ito na puno ng mga nakaw na tingin?"

"Hey." lumapit si Chloe sa kanya.

"Hi."

"Lakad naman tayo."

"Sure."

She stood up and walked along with Chloe, who was now holding her arms, and placed them across hers.