Chapter II

She was bored out of her mind. It's been a week now since she broke up with her so-called boyfriend and a week after she found herself inside a stranger's room. She couldn't imagine that ever happening to her but it did happen. 

She sighed as she stood up from her bed. Tinapunan niya ng tingin ang mga gamit niyang nagkalat sa sahig. She didn't bother cleaning them. She has maids who are paid to clean. She took off her nighties and proceeded to the bathroom naked. She turned on her shower and started basking on the lukewarm water. 

Kung tutuusin, she already has everything. She's an only child to two business moguls. Her family has been in the trade industry for the longest time. Yun ang negosyong bumubuhay sa kanya at sa pamilya niya. Maaliwalas na buhay in fact. They are known as one of the wealthiest families in the country. Her life is even all about various charity balls or important events attended by the wealthiest families she's known. 

She's Julie Faye Razon, a senior student and head cheerleader in her school. She's rich, popular, and beautiful. She is often coined as a spoiled brat and she doesn't mind being called one. For her, she loves living her life as much as she can kahit pa nangangahulugang maiingit ang karamihan sa kanya. It is her life anyways. 

As soon as she was finished, she chose a semi provocative dress as her outfit. Kailangan niyang mag shopping for her senior ball. 

As soon as she was done, mabilis niyang kinuha ang susi ng sariling sasakyan. She dropped by their dining table and grabbed an apple. 

"Yaya!" she shouted out to no one in particular. "Aalis ako. Pakisabi kina mommy baka gabihin ako. " 

At mabilis na siyang sumampa sa sariling sasakyan. A red Toyota that was a gift for her birthday. She was that spoiled, and yet she could not choose not to enjoy it. 

As she was navigating her way through the subdivision, she noticed a familiar girl who was wearing a hoodie and jeans. She smiled and decided to stop just a few steps in front of her. 

"Hey there!" she called out to her. 

"Hi." the other girl's brows furrowed. 

"Wala ka bang pasok?"

The girl only sighed and kept walking. At that point ay bumaba siya mula sa sariling sasakyan at sumandal sa pintuan nito. 

"Suspended ako. Three days. So I'm spending my boredom alone."

"That's cool. Wanna join me?"

Napahinto siya sa paglalakad and babae at napalingon sa kanya. She saw her frowned, maybe wondering why she's suddenly inviting her. They didn't exactly belong to the same niche. 

"What's in it for me?"

Then she held a gold card. 

"My dad gave me this card as a present and I actually have no idea what to do with it. Sabi niya sky's the limit. So, kapag sumama ka sa akin, libre ko kahit ano'ng magustuhan mo. All expenses paid." 

She smiled as she noticed how the other girl fell into thinking. Sandali itong nag-atubili. Maya-maya pa ay ngumiti na ito at tumango. 

After an hour ay nasa Rustans na sila at namimili.

"Hey, wala ka bang gustong bilhin?" she learned that her name is Chloe. She knew her from everyone's gossip. 

"Nakakahiya naman sa'yo."

"No, I don't really mind. I mean, marami pa namang balance 'yang card ba 'yan, and I love your company. So please. Buy something for me?"

Kinumbinse pa niya ito ng ilang beses bago ito nagdesisyong bilhin ang pinakagusto nitong jeans. It wasn't very expensive and it definitely wasn't cheap. She loved the style that she too bought one for herself. She had so much fun shopping and even thought of Chloe as her long-lost sister. 

After picking up the clothes they wanted, they were at a Mexican restaurant enjoying some tacos and fruit shakes.

"So what are your plans for next year?" she asked.

"Plans? Wala ako nun. I don't really have anything in mind. I just want to have fun." she played with her shake habang inabot ang isang taco.

"I've heard that Alex was spreading rumors about you?"

"Well, alam ko naman malalaman mo rin yan. You're popular and he is too. Kaya nga nagka food fight sa pantry sa school natin dahil dun."

Isang malakas na tawa ang pinakawalan niya. Nakatingin lamang ito sa kanya at hinihintay siyang matapos sa kakatawa. 

"And here I thought you're one of the boring bunch. Inaway mo pa nga si Leslie dahil sa issue'ng yan."

"Eh tinawag niya akong malandi eh. May magagawa ba ako."

"You know what, I like you." She stared at Chloe intently. "What would you say if I train you to be the next head cheerleader?"

Bigla itong nabilaukan. She waited till she would recover. Chloe drank her service water at di makapaniwala sa sinabi niya. 

"Seryoso ka ba? I'm just a sophomore."

"Well, you'll be a junior next year. So we can always skip the dramatics and the hierarchy. I want you to become my successor. Nakikita ko kasi'ng sarili ko sa'yo. And I think that you could become a kick-ass cheerleader."

"Pero bakit ako?"

"Because Leslie and Alex are two of my most hated people in that school. Wala rin ako'ng iba pang makitang pwedeng sumunod sa pagiging head cheerleader ko. And looking at your body built, I know that you dance. So are you in?"

"What's in it for me?"

"Well, after all these controversies, I'm pretty sure they'll think that you're a major bitch. So kung 'yun rin lang naman din ang iisipin nila sa'yo, why not have fun with it. Be the bitch who's on the top. Kapag nagawa mo 'yun, they won't be able to touch you, break you or bend you. But instead, they'll do everything they can to please you, to be your friend, and to be praised by you. That's what I did when everyone thought that I'm a whore. So, why don't you and I take advantage of that reputation? I'm sure you'll have fun."

She smiled sweetly. She loved the sound of it.

"So would you like to be my mentee?"

"Well, I can't say NO to such a great offer.... mentor."

"Good."

She smiled as she felt a sudden feeling of success. Maybe this whole friendship thing wasn't so bad at all.