Chapter XXVIII

She woke up early that day. By five she was already up and doing a short yoga. She has to prepare herself mentally and emotionally. She knew that Brad could be there.

Nalaman niyang binigyan rin ito ng posisyon bilang member nang board of directors. It's been so long since she last saw him. The last time was when she asked what they were. Matapos and insidenteng 'yun, kahit na lubos siyang nasaktan ay hindi na niya ito muling nakita. 

She only heard from Benson that Chloe left for Hong Kong at kahit si Zac ay di na rin nila mahagilap. After that, she never heard from him anymore. Naisip niya tuloy na siguro nga mas mabuti nang nalaman niya ng maaga. 

As soon as she was done with yoga, she fixed herself up and took a shower.

She was mentally preparing herself for what's about to come. Sa isip niya ay inipon niya ang lahat ng lakas upang harapin ang mga taong minsan nang tumraydor sa mga magulang niya.

But amongst all, she was preparing herself to see him again. They never really had their closure. Ni hindi nila nabigyan ng depinisyon ang relasyon nila noon.

As soon as she was done, she started putting on her complete set of cream colored trouser suit. She dried her hair and tied it into a messy bun. Pumili siya nang isang simpleng pearl set of earring and necklace.

Then she sprayed some perfume in neck, her pulse and spread it as well across the air.

Finally, she grabbed her vintage Chanel flap bag.

Muli niyang tiningnan ang sarili sa full body mirror. She smiled as she was satisfied with how she looked. Iilang minuto lang ay sakay na siya ng sariling sasakyan. She was driving a second hand car she bought the moment that their business boomed. She preferred the second hand instead of the brand new for now. She felt that she needed to be extra frugal until she could say that their business is already extra steady. 

Soon enough she parked in front of a tall building. She missed this place. Ng makababa na siya ay agad na sumalubong sa kanya ang abogado ng Ama. 

"Attorney."

"Are you ready?"

"I guess I am."

"Let's go!"

She smiled as she walked along with him. Time seemed to have moved so slowly as they stepped inside the building that her Father loved so much. The company's conference room is on the 20th floor. They used the company's private elevator upang masigurong walang makakita sa kanila. 

As soon as she stepped out of the elevator, they went through a secret pathway towards the conference room. Ng makarating sila doon ay halos buo na ang Board of Directors. 

Bumungad sa kanya ang namamanghang mukha ng mga miyembro. She sat on the chair at the end of the table. In her right was her attorney. 

"Well, this is a surprise."

She smiled. It was Brad's mother sitting beside her husband. Sa kabilang banda ay and panganay nitong anak na dati niyang guro. 

"Glad to see you again Mrs. Villaraza." 

A seat was missing someone. Sa tabi ni Anton ay nanatiling bakante ang upuan. Just as she was about to speak, the door opened. Iniluwa niyon ang taong kay tagal niyang hindi nakita. 

Parang nag-slowmo ang buong paligid. He was looking down so he is not seeing her yet. So she had enough time to observe him carefully. He looked rugged as his hair was disorderly. His suit was a little crumpled and he grew a beard. In her eyes tila tumanda ito ng lima pang taon. She smirked as she followed him while getting into his seat.