Chapter XIII

He was sitting inside the coffee shop while waiting for her. It's been two weeks now since the last time they talked on her pad's pool.

Maya-maya lang ay pumasok na ito bitbit ang ilang gamit. They both just finished enrolling. He is on his last sem while she is on her second semester for her first year.

Agad itong naupo sa harap niya.

"Bakit dito? Alam mo namang wala ako'ng budget para dito di ba?"

"No, it's my treat."

"Are you kidding, it has always been your treat. Nakakahiya na sa'yo."she smiled as she placed her bag beside her.

"Wag ka nang mahiya. Kain ka na muna."he grabbed a spoon and serviced her.

She took a sip of the frappe that was already ordered for her. He knew what she wants kaya hindi na siya nagtaka.

"So I have a proposal for you."dahan-dahan niyang inilapag ang kapiraso ng cake sa maliit nitong plato.

"A proposal?"she stopped midway from sipping the frappe.

"Yes. Something that could both benefit us."

"Okay... ano'ng proposal?"

"Be my tutor."

Natigil ito sa pagsubo ng cake.

"What? Why?"

"Because I need one."

"Hindi nga?"

"Yes, I do."

"Bakit kailangan mo pa ng tutor? At isa pa, can't your parents even afford to pay someone else for you?"

"They can but... I want you."

"Why?"

"Because I'll be more comfortable if it's you."

"Sigurado ka'ng hindi ka lang naaawa sa akin?"

"No. I just need you to be my tutor and at the same time I can help you out in earning some cash."

"Brad, I appreciate the thought. But may savings pa naman ako."

Yes, she has but certainly not enough to send her to all her remaining 3 years in college. She barely had enough. The savings she was talking about was the savings she had herself. Some of the money na naitago nya tuwing binibigyan siya ng pumanaw niyang ama. In her calculation, it would only be good for a year unless she finds a way to work or earn some money on her own.

"I know. But I also know you need some help to work up something for yourself. So let me start it for you. I am about to graduate but I am still failing these 3 subjects. So I really need your help."

She stared back at him as though trying to get into his inner thoughts.

"Seryoso ka ngang talaga?"

"Of course I am serious."

"Okay, but please, tell me. Why do you keep failing these 3 subjects?"

"Well, I don't think you'll have to know why."

"Ohh. Well then go find yourself another tutor."

"Please..."

"Just tell me, Brad. What is it?"

He took a long deep breath, trying to find all the courage he has.

"Okay fine. I will tell you. But please promise me that you won't be telling anyone."

"Of course."

"I am.... hmmm...I have..." he still hesitated.

"Come on spill it."