Chapter X

She felt her head spin the moment she opened her eyes. Parang binabasag ang bungo niya sa sakit ng ulo niya.

Pilit niyang inaninag ang paligid. Then she saw Daniel, who slowly smiled the moment he saw her getting back to reality.

"Hey.."

May pasa sa ilalim ng kaliwang mata nito while his face were filled with a few bruises.

She meekly smiled as she touched a part of his cheeks with the scars.

"Ano'ng nangyari?"

"You were hit by my punch. I'm really sorry about it."

"No. What I mean is ano ba'ng nangyari sa inyong dalawa?"

He sighed, sa mukha niya ay mababanaag na tila nagtatalo ang isip nito kung magsasalita ba o hindi tungkol sa nangyari.

"You know I'll find out about it eventually right?"

He sighed once again.

"May konting misunderstanding lang."

"Well I'm sure hindi konti yun. I am inside this clinic so I won't believe how small it is to you."

"You'll have to trust me."

Their conversation suddenly got cut off when her father's attorney suddenly came into the small room.

"Attorney?"

"I heard about what happened."

"Well, I don't think I need an attorney for my school troubles."

"No, I am here for something more important."

"Ano'ng nangyari?"

"It's hard to explain. But you'll need to come with me. Are you okay standing up?"

"Yes."

Bigla ay bumilis ang tibok ng puso niya. Something may have gone wrong, and her head is aching so much right now. She had no choice but to stand up and follow their family attorney.

She took a look at Daniel.

"Don't worry. I'll be okay. Let's talk again when you get back okay?"

She nodded.

Her head seemed to be spinning as she tried to follow suit with their lawyer.

She was taken to her own pad na kakabili lang ng mga magulang para sa kanya.

The next thing she knew, one of their maids was accompanying her as the lawyer talked with people.

Halos umabot ng isang oras din siyang nahihilo sa pabalik-balik na tawag ng abogado sa iba't - ibang tao.

As soon as he seemed done, she started asking questions.

"Attorney, what is going on?"

Napabuntong-hininga ito sandali bago naupo sa tapat niya.

"I have a very bad news, Julie."

Nangangatog na angkalamnan niya at hindi na mapalagay sa kung ano man ang nangyayari.

"What is it?"

He sighed once again. His news seemed to affect him more than her. Except that she doesn't know what it is yet.

"Your parents were in an accident this morning."

"What? Ano'ng--- nagbibiro ba kayo? Is this a prank?"

"It's not Julie. They're both in a critical condition right now."

"Bakit hindi 'nyo sinabi agad sa akin? Why would you let me sit here while this is going on?"