Chapter XLV

Hindi pa man sumisinag ang araw, lahat sila ay nakapag-empake na at naghahanda nang umlis mula sa hotel. Miles had to stay behind along with his grandparents. 

The day after tomorrow they are supposed to fly back to Hong Kong at susunod na din sina Chloe at Zac.

They simply rented a van and take turns in driving. Si Brad ang nakatoka sa byahe papuntang Tagaytay, so Julie sat on the passenger's seat. 

"Will you be okay?" he looked worried. 

"I'm fine. Don't worry."

"Nakakahinga naman ang mga paa mo?"

"Yes. Again, please don't worry. I'll be fine."

In a few minutes, they were all in the middle of the ride. Tahimik ang buong van at alam niyang lahat sila ay nagnanais ding makanakaw ng tulog kahit saglit man lang. 

She turned the stereo on and tuned in to a classic song. Frank Sinatra's Something Stupid filled the entire car. 

She sang along with it, trying to make sure that Brad won't be bored while driving. Wala pang masyadong sasakyang pumupuno sa daan kaya matulin lamang ang byahe.

"Then afterwards we drop into a quiet little place, And have a drink or two, And then I go and spoil it all, By saying somethin' stupid like, "I love you"", she blurted the song out as though she was the only one in the van. 

Napansin niyang bigla ang pagngisi ng katabi.

"Did I sound that bad?"

"No. It's not that."

"Then what?" she playfully asked. 

"I just remembered something last night."

"What is it?"

"As I was tucking you to bed, you murmured something."

"Talaga?"

"Di mo ba maalala?"

"No. I was too exhausted. Sorry. But what did I say?"

He smirked as he stared back at the road, "Something stupid."

"You're not gonna tell me are you?"

"I'm going to let you recall. Maybe you'll remember."

"Oh no." she pretended to be frustrated, "This is torture."

Malakas na tumawa si Brad. 

"Shh... Lovers, we're trying to get some sleep." Gunner groaned his complain. 

Pareho silang napahagikhik.

Maya-maya ay sumeryoso ang mukha nito.

"But seriously, you don't remember?"

"I really can't. I'm sorry."

"I like torturing you for a little bit. So unless you'd beg me to tell you, I'll keep it a secret for now."

"You're keeping secrets from me Mr. Villaraza?"

"Mrs. Villaraza, yes I am."

Nakakalimutan niya paminsan-minsan na pati siya ay pareho na pala ng apelyido dito. 

Then something hit her. With all the things that has happened, the feelings she's having for him, and the deal they originally had, she wondered if he'd want to still be married to her.

Dagling napuno ng kalituhan ang isip niya. It didn't occur to her that even if she tells him about her feelings, maaring piliin nitong makipaghiwalay sa kanya.