Chapter Twenty Five

Hi guys

Hi guys

I hope your all safe and well I have an update for you now 😊  I just wanted to say thank you for your patience with me. My family and I have dealt with a lot the last few months which has made me push back and struggle to concentrate on my work but thank you it means the world to me as always I hope you enjoy the chapter and I would love your feedback ❤

Sore is what I feel when I wake up my chest is sore and my side hurts from laying on it for to long i open my eyes looking over the bed the first thing I notice is Frankie has gone in her place is the duvet laid out and a plump pillow. i move myself to a sitting position reaching over to the lamp on the bedside cabinet I turn it on and blink a few times to adjust to the bright light as my eyes adjust i look at the clock and see that it is almost four in the morning “that’s why my chest hurts” I think to myself I haven’t had my painkillers yet so no wonder I’m in pain i turn myself around so my legs are dangling off the bed and ease myself over to get all of the boxes of medication. I take out all of the correct dosages and grab the bottle of pop and make quick work of taking all my pills. After doing that I carefully stand up and walk over to the bathroom door i open it and switch on the light looking myself over in the mirror again the bruises are almost gone now and the swelling around my face has came down as well I look more like me. I run the water till its warm putting the plug in i allow it to half fill before turning the tap off i grab my soaps and gels and begin cleaning and exfoliating my face as I finish washing the remnants off my face i hear a load bang startling me i pull the plug out letting the water drain away then i walk out of the bathroom turning the light off as I come out. Humming to myself as I walk across the room i quietly open the door and poke my head out looking both ways down the halls that are dimly lit before walking out and shutting the door behind me. I make quick work of walking down the hall way to the stair case taking a bit more time to go down the stairs and that starts to make my ribs ache once I reach the last step I notice that all the lights are out the only light visible is down the hall where the kitchen is I slowly walk down the hall and stop at the entrance of the kitchen just as I’m about to step in there’s an other bang followed by Elijah shouting “for fuck sake" I knock on the doorframe before walking in as Elijah turns around from whatever he’s doing.

“Kaye what are you doing down here i was going to come wake you once I was finished making some food for you so that you can take your medication on a full stomach” Elijah says as he puts the steaming pan down on a towel on the bench and starts walking around the island making his way towards me. “i woke up in a lot of pain and needed to take my tablets now then I heard a bang while I was washing my face so I came down to see what happened” I say as he comes over snaking his arms gently around my waist pulling me closer so his head rests on top of mine I hear a grumble from his chest as he runs his hand slowly up and down my back in a soothing manner I lean into him more seeking comfort and as much as I want to scold myself for it I was enjoying the feel of his hands on my body. “So i was the reason you came downstairs when you should be resting in bed with me taking care of you" Elijah asked as he pulled back a little so that he could look at me while he was talking I nod my head agreeing that I had come downstairs curious to what the noise was and now that I was standing in the roomy stomach let out a really loud and embarrassing growl letting both me and Elijah know I was in fact hungry . Elijah laughed as he let go of me walking off back to the other side of the island picking up where he left off with the pan I walked over to the island taking a seat and watching him skilfully move around the kitchen humming as he goes “I didn’t know you cooked” I asked as I watched him put the pasta on the plates before walking to the sink and slipping the pan into hot soapy water and then he walked over to the fridge opening the door and pulling out some cheese kicking the door shut with his foot. “I learned to cook at a young age its something I used to do with my mother before she was killed i kept learning after as it makes me feel close to her in a way” Elijah said as he went over to the stove and picked up an other pan then walked back to the plates supping up the sauce and laying it on top of the pasta on both plates then repeating he walked over put the other pan in the sink and then grabbed the grater of the drainer and began grating some cheese onto the pasta and sauce once finished he go’s back to the fridge and puts the cheese away then grabs both plates and comes over to the island laying the plates on the matts and taking a seat. I stay sat in my seat as Elijah lays the plate of delicious smelling pasta on a place matt and takes his own seat and drives into the food I take a couple of bites as I look over to Elijah I start to notice scratches down his tattooed arms they look like they are healing but also look like they may be infected I finish chowing my food “ what has happened to your arms” I ask as I put my fork down and stand up walking round the island stopping beside him.