Chapter Twenty Five

“Elijah what have you done" 

Stunned I felt stunned in this moment raising a hand to cover my gaping mouth as my eyes danced around the scene before me. A soft glow off the well placed candles that are flickering away leaving a light glow everywhere i let my eyes scan over every detail laid out before me from the roses to the gold lining on each of the vases that glows in the light or the way the glass shimmers from the flickering of the candles. I take in the way his mouth-watering scent that fills the room blending to the scent of all of the roses and then there’s my favourite scented candles black cherry it was a smell I couldn’t describe no matter how hard id try to it truly is amazing. Vases placed all over the room filled with a beautiful mix of red, pink and white roses in each one of them looking down at the ones next to me I can see the sparkling diamonds in the centre of some of the roses the lighting making them sparkle and shimmer. In the centre of the room stands Elijah in a crisp black suit with a red dress shirt and perfectly pressed suit jacket fastened in the middle and gold cufflinks glistening in the candle light. Elijah holds his hand out beckoning me to come forward i notice on either side of him there were two big vases holding red and black roses I stand there still with my hand over my mouth trying to think if I have ever told him any of my favourite things and I come up empty I have no idea how he has managed to find all of my favourite things and favourite scents well apart from his musky scent that will always make me feel weak at the knee. I am breathless with the overall beauty of everything he has put together its the most beautiful scene I have ever seen I can’t believe what I am seeing but now I am speechless.

 “I... You had them make me black roses I never told you that they were my favourite how did you know" I swallow the lump in my throat slowly dropping my hand from my mouth as I continue to still scan the room in complete awe that he went to so much trouble just for me I can’t help but quiver slightly “Elijah what’s going on” I shakily ask my voice just above a whisper. “Come take my hand and I will explain everything I swear" Elijah says voice confident and strong. I stay glued to the spot I stand as my eyes flicker moving over every inch of his delicious form I still look at him as he takes long strides across the room my heart rate increasing with each step he takes as he comes to a stop in front of me my heart is beating erratically Elijah slowly reaches out taking my hand from by my side bringing it to his mouth laying a soft kiss to the back of it as his eyes flicker from my hand to my lips I smile at his sweet gesture. “Kaye I have a lot to say but I can’t get them out properly so I thought that music would help you understand what I feel for you" he says as he reaches into him pant pocket and pulls out a remote control “I’ve been forward all of my life I have never felt nervous in my life I have fought in wars and never batted an eyelash but with you I am nervous” I blink a couple of times looking at him in just awe at everything he has just said. I know what he has told me is true his Father always made it known that his son while in training still went to war and fought for his pack and i know he’s always be bold as brass so it leaves me speechless knowing that he is struggling to talk to me. I look into Elijah’s eyes an see sincerity there he’s being completely honest with me. “Elijah I know all about you Im confused as to what is going on what is it that you want to tell me” I ask softly taking my hand from his and reaching up to touch his cheek gently caressing him. Elijah nods his head lifting his arms and pressing a button on the remote then music starts to play a lump forms in my throat again and tears prick the corners of my eyes.