Chapter Nine

Watching my dads face go pale as the words left my lips I know there is something wrong and I will get to the bottom of this

Watching my dads face go pale as the words left my lips I know there is something wrong and I will get to the bottom of this. “darling when did you get home” seeing my father become tense I have a feeling I know what this is about. “don’t sidestep  the question dad who did you set my boyfriend up with I think this concerns me don’t you?” Dad starts to fidget with his hands looking to my mam for help “you tell her right now this is your own fault” my mam growls at my dad before getting up and leaving the room now I know that this is bad. “Hunny I have something to tell you and your going to be mad with me but know I did this out of love" looking at my dad I take a seat at the table just as my mam walks in carrying my dressing gown I stand up and put it on tying the gown together before seating back down.

“Dad just tell me we have twenty minutes until we need to leave for the ceremony” I sign softly waiting for whatever bad new he has to tell me. Looking into his dark brown eyes seeing regret flash through them. “you remember how you met Adrien at that meeting?” nodding my head thinking back to the first time I met him “yes I remember”.

“Well you see I I erm .....” my dad sits there fidgeting with his hands looking down “ I set that meeting up so that you would meet him and hopefully he would be your mate but I knew by the way you were both acting that was not the case but I just asked him to do me the favour of taking you out on a date anyway just to take your mind off not meeting your own mate you you..... dad looks up with a tear in his eye “ Adrien wasn’t  so sure about taking you out so I well I paid him to date you for a little while but then the two of you hit it off and he said he didn’t care any more he was happy with you”. Feeling my heart drop to my stomach for the second time today I was at a lose I felt the tightness of my chest now knowing that it was all a lie that Adrien had been paid to date me by non other than my own father I abruptly got out of the chair turning to walk away as my dad put his hand on my shoulder i shrugged it off “don’t you dare touch me after what you’ve done!!!” I scream as I run for the stairs I take them two at a time feeling that heart break even more how how could my own dad do this to me knowing how i longed for my mate why did he set me up to fall. Is all I could think about as I slammed my bedroom door shut slowly slipping to the floor as a sob rips through my chest. "Come on Kaye you can break down after this ceremony is over" I whisper to myself.

Quickly rushing to get dressed I know I cannot be late for this ceremony I throw on my black dress that stops just above the knee quicky rushing over to my vanity to do very light make up and brush my hair I turn around searching for my silver heels grabbing them walking to the door I hear my parents talking again. “you will make this right one way or the other and until then you will be sleeping on the floor understand”. Jogging down the stairs I shout my goodbyes as I run for the door.

Running towards the pack house I see the stage is up and the podium is ready I get to the said of the house and put on my heels I look around for frankie. Scanning the area as people start filling in I notice frankie walking in with Andy and Adrien my heart hurts again looking at him knowing everything now I frantically look for something to go and do until I see Elijah with Beth the pack slut it’s the only way to describe her I’m not just saying that because she’s got her filthy hands on my mate Elijah looks over as if sensing that I was looking at them an unknown emotion clouds his face before I look away holding my chest again why.... why did all of this have to happen to me 24 hours ago everything was perfect and now I’m left hurt and feeling embarrassed by everything a man that is going to reject me and man that was paid to date me. While I battle my inner demons I see everyone is now taking their seats I start to walk to the side of the stage where my group are all stud patiently waiting and the crowd grows quite signaling that the Alpha  is now on the stage we all stand and listen to the alpha make his speech.

“hello everyone as you all know today is an extremely important day to the pack we are here to congratulate and celebrate our fantastic packs victory in the alphas games again so without further ado when I call your name please walk the stage and stand in your places” I look to the five people in front of me
“Alison Cameron”
“David Best"
“Claire Tucker"
“Alexander Banks”
“and last but not least Kaye Sanders”

When I hear my names called I snap out of my thoughts and look up to my alpha slowly taking the steps to make sure I don’t trip up glancing around hearing all of the cheers and shout of my name I hold my head high taking my stand next to Alexander I look out at the sea of people and my eyes automatically go to Adrien he’s smiling so bright but all I feel is tightness in my chest looking at him. I turn my head to look at alpha Grey to listen to the rest of the speech. “I’m going to keep this short but when I give you your medal please take your seat at the side of the stage Alison Cameron congratulations on your win for direct attack. David Best congratulations on your win for defence fighting. Claire Tucker congratulations on second place with tracking. Alexander Banks congratulations on your win for hunting strategy. And Kaye Sanders congratulations on your win for running well do to all of you” I walk over to my seat and wait for this big announcement that he has planned. “ as you are all aware I am getting on abit now” seeing everyone laugh and what alpha grey has just said I then see people staring to point and whisper “ yes I know what your all thinking and it is long over due I will be stepping down as your Alpha and will become a chairman of the council for the district.” Everyone looking to the alpha in shock we had not expected this to happen so soon. As everyone talks and whispers to one another I notice Elijah coming up the stairs at the back just behind me. “As some of you may have heard I do have a son who will be taking my place as your Alpha you will show him the same respect you have given me over the years without further ado I give you your new Alpha Elijah Davies.” Everyone stands up clapping and cheering for the new alpha all I can think is I’m going to be sick as the smug bastard comes strolling across the stage to shake his fathers hand.