Chapter Twelve

Grabbing Adrien's hand I make sure he's behind me as Elijah stomps his way over thinking to my wolf "this is how I die" I step forward bracing myself for the whole argument that is about to happen I wont lie to myself this is going to hurt a lot

Grabbing Adrien's hand I make sure he's behind me as Elijah stomps his way over thinking to my wolf "this is how I die" I step forward bracing myself for the whole argument that is about to happen I wont lie to myself this is going to hurt a lot. "What the fuck do you think you are doing you son of a bitch I warned you what would happen " Elijah shout as he comes to a stop right in front of me knowing that it is Adrien that he is speaking to I take a brave step forward letting go of Adrien's hand. I look at his face watching his eyes flash from black to gold knowing his wolf is close to taking control of the situation I know I need to find a way to make this stop and fast now that everyone in this club is staring at us including beth as she glares at me. "What we do does not concern you Elijah you are making a scene for not reason at all why don't you go back to Beth and I will go with my boyfriend" I ask as calmly as I can when I am beyond angry with this man he has no right to make a scene and start with all the mine bullshit. "I don't think I am making a scene at all you need to stay away from him he's no good for you and you already have a mate go back to our pack before I really lose my temper" Elijah says through gritted teeth looking between me and Adrien. Adrien pulls me back behind him and does the one thing I never expected him to do he punches Elijah right on the nose hearing it crack makes my skin crawl I look at Elijah as he stumbles back a few steps I run in front of Adrien to stop him doing it again " baby please don't make this worse he's just going to try and cause trouble and I don't want that we have a treaty to think about" I say looking between the two men Elijah snaps his nose back into place and lunges at Adrien I stand my ground and stay in the middle "yep this is how I die" I think to my self as I see the both coming at me I put my hands up and scream "No stop this bullshit Elijah just go back to your girlfriend and let me go back to my boyfriend we need to stay civil with each other as neighbouring packs" I shout stopping both men in their tracks as they both look at me in shock "can we all agree to deal with this shit privately before you both make it look worse there's no point in fighting" I shout looking from Elijah to Adrien "for fuck sake she's right this isn't a matter for the public Elijah".

Elijah starts walking over to myself and Adrien grabbing hold of Adrien effectively jamming me between the two of the feeling the tingling from our bodies touching Elijah leans in over my head to Adrien whimpering "I told you to watch your back and stay away from her she belongs to me and my pack not you". Elijah turns around as if the pull has no effect on him at all he walks over and grabs Beth by the arm and drags her out I watch them leave taking even breaths till I know he has left. As if nothing happened the music starts to replay and everyone starts drinking and dancing again "Kaye oh my God are you ok you just stud in between two alphas and your still alive" Frankie says while looking all over me "I'm fine for now Frankie but I need to get out of here I know what he is going to do to get back at us and it is going to hurt a lot" I tell her as a sob erupts from my throat " he's going to stay up all night and fuck her to hurt me some more I need to leave before he starts" I say as Adrien Andy and Frankie look at me with sympathy written all over their faces nodding their heads they know I'm right he will take it out on me and make it physically hurt because I stud up to him. We know this isn't going to go away we grab our things and exit the club as we get outside I notice that the clouds are pitch black indicating that there's a storm coming.

"We need to leave and now there's a storm coming and it's going to be big Kaye I think it's for the best that you stay with me tonight I don't want you to face that pain alone I never should have left you alone please baby" I nod my head agreeing to leave with him just in time for the first flash of lightning to blast through the sky i grab Adrien's hand and we all start running to Adrien's car as we get in the car the heavens open and it starts to rain extremely heavy. "We are going to have to stay here until the rain slows enough to drive Kaye how are you feeling baby girl" looking out the window I know that this going to hurt so I grab the flask from my bag and drink half of it feeling in burn down my throat I clear my throat. "I'm okay for now he hasn't started yet but I am trying to get drunk before he does so that it dulls the pain" I say as I drink the rest of the vodka in the flask enjoying the burn of the alcohol as it goes down.

We wait for the storm to let up as it lights up the sky beautifully I get so lost in the flashes I don't even realise we are moving until we pull up at Andy's house he gets out the car holding his leather jacket over Frankie "baby I promise I will be with you all day tomorrow just in case he starts but get some sleep you'll need it I love you" she says then they run off to the house we wait to make sure they are in the house and safe. "babe I'm so sorry I shouldn't have punched him I know I was in the wrong but I wont let him tell me that I cant be with you when he doesn't even want you it is just cruel" he says while holding my hand I know in my heart he is right but it doesn't stop it hurting me any less. "i get why you hit him but he is just going to make It worse for me in the long run and as much as I hate that he is right Adrien you still have your mate to come then you will forget about this about what we have so it is your call if you want to be with me till then I need to know and no more secrets please" I turn my head so I can see his face. "I promise there's nothing left to let you know about. you know it all now". Adrien says as he runs circles around my hand with his finger "come while the storm is down let's get back to my house because it wont take him much longer to get back" Adrien says as he puts the car into drive and we pull away from Andy's house.

We pull up to Adrien's house about fifteen minutes later with the storm starting to get worse we brace ourselves for cold rain as we both jump out of the car sprinting onto the porch I laugh at Adrien's hair as he shakes his head trying to dry his hair I grab my hair and gently twist it to ring out the water as he unlocks the door we walk in going to the kitchen we sit down with a bottle of jack and some smokes Adrien knows I smoke when I drink it relaxes me but he smokes all the time taking one out of the box I light it up and take a long drag blowing it out I sigh content for a moment enjoying the peace.

"Baby how many shots do you need" Adrien says going over to get the glasses out "I'll need about 10 shots and then a glass of jack and coke to wash them shots down" he laughs getting the shot glasses down and lining 20 of them up "so your joining me I see" i ask him while he pours out the shots "yeah may as well get drunk and dance around my house with you then maybe we can make up" he winks at me. "Hmm we shall see about that my darling we will see" I hum as I grab his iPod from his work out bag knowing full well he's been to the gym again. I walk over to the dock and plug it in knowing what song I want to play as the music starts to play I make my way back over to the island with all of the shots poured out ready to drink " I want to make a bet who ever downs the shots and drink first wins and the loser has to strip off very slowly and do a lap dance for the winner" I giggle looking at his face. "oh it's on babe I cant wait for you to strip and dance for me" he says as a loud rumble of thunder rattles through the house I nod it head standing in front of my row of shots "this will be easy I'm used to doing shots now" I laugh we count to three and start taking down the shots one at a time I get to my last one then as I start to gulp down my drink I notice Adrien has just slammed down his glass I stand there shocked that he has out done me on shots " well fuck me you finished before me" he nods his head looking right at me with predator eyes as I stand there waiting for his next move.